Is my Cycle Complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6 is technically acidic because it's below 7 but it's not Blackwater so you're probably a water change away from right where you wanna be. Those levels look good

I mean it depends on what you're putting in there. African cichlids want biogenic sand of some kind (especially tangynikan) if your tap water isn't already hard enough. But south American cichlids prefer soft water like my tank above. That's got peat added to create Blackwater. It's around ph5... and I mean that's just cichlids so depends on what you're gonna do

Also ph is really not that big a deal unless they're wild caught. Most fish available in the trade have been bred in captivity so long they're pretty forgiving

I just personally love the look of Blackwater biotopes so I choose to take it there. Alotta ppl aren't into it and it's certainly not necessary. That aquarium salt you got is good for africans and green spotted puffers. If you got them all small and at the same time you could to a sick African lake bed tank20170123_093324.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Yes I did a 60% water change today to bring down the nitrates and also lowered the heater to 78 :)

Added a low dose of ammonia of 1ppm only today so in case the pH stays good till tomorrow evening I plan to go to the fish store [emoji51]

Here is the test result post water change.IMG_7668.jpg

Yes it's a fish store in Salem, NH. I got my ember tetras there. He's got a little of everything. It's pretty nice

Oh ok. Ember tetras are really beautiful fishes and I did not find them in my local fish store. So will be an interesting find :)

I know, they 're so tiny though! I lost my first batch to predation/filter and was so glad to find them again at jay's

Back
Top Bottom