Is my dwarf puffer sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nconfort

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys - I got a single dwarf puffer in my 15g aquarium. It is full of live plants, driftwood, and caves. I feed the dwarf puffer live black?worms from my LFS. I have been doing this twice a day, and he rarely seems to easily find them. I always make sure he gets at least one, and the shrimp eat any he doesn't find. He does eat willingly when he finds the worms.

My concern is that he swims up and down the back glass of the tank nearly all day. He doesn't do much else. Also, his belly looks weird to me. It seems lumpy and kind of bloated, but I could be mistaken. I have included a picture of the puffer (sorry, hard to focus on the little guy!).

I keep up with my water changes and water conditions. Thanks for you input everyone!

Attachments

• puffer.jpg
    puffer.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 153
My platy swims up and down at the side, he's looking at his reflection all the time. Could that be a possibility for your puffer? Also, my platy doesn't like eating until it reaches the gravel, maybe your puffer is picky like that to, and the shrimp eats it before he can get to the bottom to eat it?

If you have never bred snails before, it's really easy and I had a dwarf puffer for a while who really liked eating the small ones. He learned to flip them on their back the get the snail out. If your worried he's not getting food, I would try this.

Hey guys - I got a single dwarf puffer in my 15g aquarium. It is full of live plants, driftwood, and caves. I feed the dwarf puffer live black?worms from my LFS. I have been doing this twice a day, and he rarely seems to easily find them. I always make sure he gets at least one, and the shrimp eat any he doesn't find. He does eat willingly when he finds the worms.

My concern is that he swims up and down the back glass of the tank nearly all day. He doesn't do much else. Also, his belly looks weird to me. It seems lumpy and kind of bloated, but I could be mistaken. I have included a picture of the puffer (sorry, hard to focus on the little guy!).

I keep up with my water changes and water conditions. Thanks for you input everyone!

I also have a dwarf puffer. He gets frozen bloodworms. He doesn't seem to eat very often either. I have noticed that he loves little snails and he eats one of the ghost shrimp once in a while. I wouldn't worry too much, if he gets hungry enough, he'll eat. Mine looks kind of lumpy on his stomach also. I think yours is fine.

Back
Top Bottom