Is my fish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had one male Bolivian butterfly in my tank for about two weeks. There are also two bristlenose catfish in there.
Four days ago, i introduced a female bolivian butterfly, and at first the male and female seemed to get on very well, with no chasing or fighting, and they would just swim together peacefully. Yesterday i put in about five glass shrimp.
Now my female is hiding up in the top back corner of the tank and her colour has darkened. She also has stopped eating. She seems stressed, and when she did come down the male chased her, and she went back to the corner. Is it possible that i have two males? Or is she sick? my tank is 22 litres. They have a cave and plants to hide in.

I`m thinking this is for the FW forums and not SW. Moved to appropiate forum. BTW welcome to AA.

The fish up in the corner of the tank is a sign of stress. I'm guessing that the other Bolivian Ram is harassing the new addition. I'd remove the new one to it's own tank or take it back to where you got it from if things don't get better.

Back
Top Bottom