Is my neon prego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donavin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone tell me if my neon is prego. If so what is the cycle, are they livebearers and how many will she have. Thanks

Attachments

• image-3207322511.jpg
    image-3207322511.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 72
Donavin said:
Can someone tell me if my neon is prego. If so what is the cycle, are they livebearers and how many will she have. Thanks

Try googling neon tetra breeding for more information.

They are egg layers, like all tetras. It could be a female, since they are generally rounder in the belly than males. That does not mean she will spawn.

Livebearers= mollies, platties, guppies...

Breeding seems difficult to do. I have read about breeders that cover their aquariums to keep them dark, and use blackwater. Even then they are not always successful.

I've been feeding the tank 3 time daily because I also have a African brown knife and a powder blue Gourmi. I feeding to make sure they are eaten and so far so good.

Donavin said:
I've been feeding the tank 3 time daily because I also have a African brown knife and a powder blue Gourmi. I feeding to make sure they are eaten and so far so good.

Ok. Try not to over feed them too often. They could become constipated. IMO its a good idea to fast the entire tank once or twice a week and feed blanched, deshelled, crushed peas once a week to avoid it.

Ok. Try not to over feed them too often. They could become constipated. IMO its a good idea to fast the entire tank once or twice a week and feed blanched, deshelled, crushed peas once a week to avoid it.
i agree. defo looks like one fat tetra, 3 times is a bit much IMO

Back
Top Bottom