Is my three spot sick or hurt/healing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amaunet

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a moderate planted 20 gallon high tank. My filter is an aqua clear 30 to have a small bubble wall and another air stone as well for aeration. Water parameters are:

Ph 7.2 and steady
Ammonia is 0ppm
Nitrite also 0ppm
Nitrates when looked at through sunlight like the master kit says shows 5ppm though it ta bit more like 10 if I’m not holding it in sunlight

I recently completed (it seems) my cycle as the ammonia and nitrite cycle out with 24 hours now.

I added 2 emerald green Cory cats to the tank. I know I should have 4 minimum but they only had 2 and I plan on going to get the rest soon as they get them.

So this morning I tip and turned the light on and noticed my three spot gourami had a white spot on its head. Now I had startled him when I went to turn the light off the other night and he jumped above the water and hit my tank lid. Scared me bc I so didn’t know that they did that lol.IMG_1666.jpg

So is he just healing from that or is he sick?

I think it must’ve been healing. Just looked at him and the spot is no longer there. Let’s hope all goes swimmingly from here. I would be really sad if he died at this point. He’s been with me since I got the tank

Back
Top Bottom