Is quality fish food worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I buy 5 lb buckets(2 sizes) of NLS!
They can easily last 1-2 years if stored properly.
Remove as much as you will use in 1 month or so and re seal the rest.
Store in cool dark place(my fishroom is in basement so this is easy for me).
Some actually store in freezer to help extend the freshness.
Here's a link from this site and a "response" from NLS in last post!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/new-life-spectrum-pellets-question-171436.html
I searched for 4-5 star foods and just couldn't find any in my area in BULK.
I have also since added kensfish earthworm and blackworm flakes to my fish menu.

That's better than I thought! Good news.

That cheers me up on some medicated pellets I have. I was told sealed in original packet they would last for one or two years but was always worried on that.

Another decent flakes brand Ive come across in Colorado is Cobalt Aquatics. Their flakes have better ingredients than most and the price doesn't show it. I do like the NLS pellets though and they are my go to dry food with Hikari frozen being my favorite frozen food.

Wish I could get some NLS now, my closest store that I go to for my equipment and supplies like that only stocks. Tetra, fluval, sera, hikari, Aqua one and seachem. Other then the hikari what would you say is the best choice.

Sera is high quality food.
I don't think I saw one listed in the link which would make me think they didn't test any!
They tested one which came in with two stars?
Still a good food IMO.

Ive always used omega one. Widely available and competitive prices. It's really great to see its top 5 ingredients as whole salmon, halibut, seafood mix(krill,rockfish, and shrimp). Only brand I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sera is high quality food.
I don't think I saw one listed in the link which would make me think they didn't test any!
They tested one which came in with two stars?
Still a good food IMO.

I grabbed some of the sera brand the other day. Very easy, no mess and the fishlike it. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree about cobalt foods. Its also the only food that has never been known ti caus bloat in africans. Rusty Wessel came and spoke to our fish club a few months back. He explained abt the importance of quality foods. He also works closely with cobalt on their foods. That being said, a healthy varied diet is of equal importance. Variation helps keep the fish digestive system alert and healthy. So just one food wont fix everything, but the quality ones will show the difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As with any pet or human, we are all part of the animal kingdom so this goes for everything in between. You should spend the most money on good, healthy food, most everything else comes second.

Back
Top Bottom