Is there more room for more stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FreshwaterTropical said:
Yeah why not? Yeah but maybe a different algae eater or pleco that would not get as big because of the shortage of bottom level empty space!

Yea otos but theyr fragile

Why are we discussing what to ADD to this tank? "bottom level empty space!"..... rofl! You advise people about eels and then say this and recommend adding fish?

OP- Good luck.

I'm with HN1 on this one.

The fetherfin and eel are major constraints on your tank. Stocking a tank is like packing a box (assuming you're going for maximum stocking, inadvisable). You can pack a box with marbles or small knickknacks very easily, leaving very little leftover space. If you want to instead put, say, bowling ball and a stereo in the box, then packing becomes much more difficult.

Honestly, if you're that attached to the eel and fetherfin, maybe you should worry less about cramming more fish into what is likely going to be a hazardous environment and focus on making a good environment for them.

Reactions: HN1
I am going to reiterate my last advise that IMO the bottom of the tank is pretty full to be considering more bottom feeders.
I think we should establish the exact species of peacock eel you have before advising further. HN1 said somthing very valid about some eels eating small tankmates, so I think it would be good to know if that could be a concern in the future before advising more small tankmates like otos. JMO.
Sorry for jumping the gun and advising more glowlights, I was pretty sure you said in a different thread that the eel was a smaller type of peacock that wouldn't prey on little fishes. Just to be sure, do you know the latin name? Is it the one HN1 advised could eat your tetras or is it something else?

aqua_chem said:
I'm with HN1 on this one.

The fetherfin and eel are major constraints on your tank. Stocking a tank is like packing a box (assuming you're going for maximum stocking, inadvisable). You can pack a box with marbles or small knickknacks very easily, leaving very little leftover space. If you want to instead put, say, bowling ball and a stereo in the box, then packing becomes much more difficult.

Honestly, if you're that attached to the eel and fetherfin, maybe you should worry less about cramming more fish into what is likely going to be a hazardous environment and focus on making a good environment for them.

Okay i understand, but i think you might have mis read my origional question. I was never really considering more bottom feeders, and i was just asking a question if my tank could possibly fit more. I was not even close to buying fish or making any changes. I simply wanted your guys opinions, and thanks for all of the replys!

Back
Top Bottom