Is there such a thing as a quiet air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sakanajanai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! So I'm planning out my 55g, and I'm wanting to add a bubbler. The question is: is there a really truly quiet air pump? It seems like all the kinds I've had over the years have been noisy in one way or another, so I'm looking for recommendations on something quiet abs wonderful! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If you don't mind paying for it alitas are the quietest pumps I have ever owned.
They are extremely well built (professional/breeder quality).
Alita AL-6A Linear Air Pump
I believe the 6a is the smallest unit.
I use it on my protein skimmer in a hollow stand.
It may need to bleed off as it is a powerful pump and surely will create more bubbles the you need.

I've been quite happy with Fusion air pumps, I have both the 200 and 400 models.

I have been rather happy with my Coralife Luft Pump;
Coralife Luft Pump

It is rather quit and plenty powerful. If you look you will notice in the picture that there is a little "tab" with a hole in it on the side of the pump. That is so the pump can be suspended from something, an elastic cord works best, and that way there is no seconday vibrations from whatever the pump is on. ;)

A lot of pumps have that little hanging thing on them, so at least look for that on whatever you buy.
Hanging the pump so it isn't in contact with anything is the best way to quit them down.

Hey! I just noticed that the site that coralbandit linked has the luft pump for less $$$.

nice to know.

Or as a complete replacement of a bubbler an oxygenator?

My teacher had a whisper air pump, and I remember that as bring silent. You might want to look at those. Also putting the pump on some type of soft material like cloth or foam will cut down on noise from vibrations.

I use tetra whisper and they are pretty quiet (as long as they are on thr feet and not the side) like oto said, putting it on a soft surface helps, I use a towel or felt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom