Is this a good 10g community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
All water conditions are fine.

Right now, i bought 2 female guppies and have 1 male platy.

Will a honey-set gourami be good with these fish and will he/she be less aggresive?
If i can, which gender will be the best for these fish?

I also need a fish to take care of my guppies fry's that are about to lay anynow.

I would get a betta, but i do wanna try some new fish too and i heard bettas and guppies can't go with each other.

Thank you!!! :D

All water conditions are fine.

Right now, i bought 2 female guppies and have 1 male platy.

Will a honey-set gourami be good with these fish and will he/she be less aggresive?
If i can, which gender will be the best for these fish?

I also need a fish to take care of my guppies fry's that are about to lay anynow.

I would get a betta, but i do wanna try some new fish too and i heard bettas and guppies can't go with each other.

Thank you!!! :D

Hey Sholi,

Well to answer your question, yes a Dwarf honey gourami will do fine. The females tend to be less aggressive but a male should be just fine with them, they are not too aggressive of fish.

Also, no fish will take care of the guppy fry, that is your responsibility. The parents themselves will eat them. I suggest moving the guppies before they drop into a separate tank, and then after the drop put them back in your community tank.

One more thing, how are your guppies holding if you do not have any male guppies?

Ben.

Hey Sholi,

Well to answer your question, yes a Dwarf honey gourami will do fine. The females tend to be less aggressive but a male should be just fine with them, they are not too aggressive of fish.

Also, no fish will take care of the guppy fry, that is your responsibility. The parents themselves will eat them. I suggest moving the guppies before they drop into a separate tank, and then after the drop put them back in your community tank.

One more thing, how are your guppies holding if you do not have any male guppies?

Ben.

I just got my 2 female guppies today because of my past 2 male guppies killed each other (the one that won got injured badly and died)

And i'm looking at the 4inch dwarf gourami, not the 2 inch dwarf gourami (if thats fine) So is the 4inch honey-set gourami good, or will i have to set with the dwarf gourami?

I just got my 2 female guppies today because of my past 2 male guppies killed each other (the one that won got injured badly and died)

And i'm looking at the 4inch dwarf gourami, not the 2 inch dwarf gourami (if thats fine) So is the 4inch honey-set gourami good, or will i have to set with the dwarf gourami?

Either gourami would work just fine. But don't expect to see any fry from your livebearers until you get pairs. And when that happens you have to take care of the fry, not them.

yea my guppies were pregnant when i bought them, now they're just swimming freely :)

Yes i might just give my fry's to my lfs.

Either gourami would work just fine. But don't expect to see any fry from your livebearers until you get pairs. And when that happens you have to take care of the fry, not them.

I thought that guppies could hold the sperm from the males up to 6 months after being fertilized the first time. That's probably how you got fry... If you do, if not I read wrong.

Back
Top Bottom