Is this a good idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easyaqua

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75gal long tank.
I want to put in 8 electric yellows
And 8 electric blue cichlids. I currently have a filter that pushes 250gal/per hour.
The tank is half set up, it has 5 electric yellows, and looks very empty.
I have stacked rivers tones oddly to create various caves. Is there anything else I need.
Thanks in advanced Tevin
Ps, temperature and ph are absolutely fine

Yup, 8 of each. Won't be getting them until the 21st, but it's worth the wait as I'm getting them for $2 each. I will upgrade my filtration by maybe adding another filter. And will definitely put pictures up

That's fine. Youcould even add some bottom feeders like synodontis catfish

Should be fine.
Like you said, you'll be upgrading/adding to your current 225gph filter. You'll want to be closer to 10x water turn over in your 75g.

Hey so to update, I have upgraded the filtration and now have a sump that is pushing an additional 450gal/ per hour on top of all my other filters. It is a DIY overhead sump. It doesn't sit on the tank, but sits of the top of my stand. I could add pictures if you like. Also I think I'm going to go with 15 yellow labs, and take your guys advice on some catfish. I'm thinking 3-5 any suggestions on which to get???

One of the synodontis

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cool, i will put some pictures of my set up on here soon. I'm keen on the synos'
I'm thinking 3, should I do more or less than that. Just moved the rocks round stirred the sand up abit so I will put pictures up soon

Back
Top Bottom