Is this a good light for my 29 gallon planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good purchase! U can always add co2 later if needed, but ho fixture are much better than standard.

mohican said:
Good purchase! U can always add co2 later if needed, but ho fixture are much better than standard.

Do u think they are much better than marineland doublebright less?

The T5-HO are definitely better (IMO). For a while it had a reef capable LED marineland light and it is nothing like my newer T5-HO. And the T5-HO fixtures are better for plants and you can actually change the bulbs if your demands for the tank change. I waisted a lot of money on my LED fixture and I regret it... just my 2 cents...

Got the new fixture I love it. Where should I position it on the tank for best light spectrum. Towards the back? The front or middle? The middle has the black strip that is on the glass cover.

The bulbs it came with are a colormax 31watt and a 6700k bulb, should I get a 10,000k bulb?

Impulse09 said:
Got the new fixture I love it. Where should I position it on the tank for best light spectrum. Towards the back? The front or middle? The middle has the black strip that is on the glass cover.

I also am wondering tthe same thing

The middle is what most people do since it gives a fairly even spread across the front to back of tank. If something is keeping you from doing that, though, it's fine to put it closer towards the front or back. I'd position it according to your plants, if you have higher demand plants in back, position it near them, and vice versa. If you don't have any demanding plants at all then just play with it and see what you like best. I run my planted tanks topless so this isn't an issue.

Those bulbs are fine for a planted tank. You could swap with a 10000k if you want a brighter white, but i'd stick with the combo you have now personally, no sense in fixing what aint broken.

1 bulb is probably enough with good reflectors...lest you want to do CO2. With a 29 gallon you'll be pushing it with DiY so I'd stick with 1 bulb t5 not 2 or just plain t8 fluorescents.

Back
Top Bottom