is this a new mushroom bud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
This brown mushroom coral has already split on me once but the previous split it literally started off as a tiny mushroom instantly. I could easily tell it split. Also the last time the mushroom moved itself as a coral would split, then moved back to its original place. This time I notice this small green polyp looking thing (which is off because the mushroom itself is brown) and cant tell if the mushroom split again or this is another type of coral on the same rock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20170603_192940.jpg
    IMG_20170603_192940.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 48
Looks like a future one to me.

thanks, just weird because you can see the original to the right but then further to the right out of the pic is the last split and it literally started like a tiny mushroom. The new one is also MUCH greener than the other two but I guess that could just be because its closed up.
I just wanted to make sure this wasnt something to be worried about, was also hoping maybe some zoa might have decided to pop off and land somewhere new to start.

Back
Top Bottom