is this angel a boy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was just wondering if my angel is a boy or a girl? He was a little bit bigger than a quarter at the time. I think I've had him about 6 or 7 months.

Attachments

• Gregory.jpg
    Gregory.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 61
It's a little hard to tell when its a dark fish against a dark background but from the way I usually tell, I'm leaning more towards female than male. Keep in mind that this is not 100% as there is no 100% way of sexing Angels that don;t have their breeding tubes fully exposed or have previously spawned thereby being sexed.

Hope this helps (y)

I think I've seen his ( or her ) breeding tube before and it was kinda short and came to a point if that helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I think I've seen his ( or her ) breeding tube before and it was kinda short and came to a point if that helps.

Is it in with other Angels? Usually males won't extend their tubes as a single fish but will to entice a female. That being said, I just had a supposed male lay eggs as her tube was not fully extended when it was sexed and it gave the appearance of a male but the eggs kinda gave it a definite stamp (y)

No it is not in with other angels, maybe she layed eggs and I didn't see and she ate them?

No it is not in with other angels, maybe she layed eggs and I didn't see and she ate them?

Always a possibility. Or maybe the other fish in the tank ate them? Signs to look for if she is getting ready to spawn: Paying attention to a certain area, cleaning the area by scraping it with the mouth, chasing the other fish away from a certain area. These are all signs of an impending spawn.

Hope this helps (y)

Yeah she has down a couple of those things before. I guess I need to change her name from Gregory lol?

I was thinking, are female angels more aggressive than males? Because mine is very aggressive. Every time I reach to the bottom of the tank she attacks me.

I was thinking, are female angels more aggressive than males? Because mine is very aggressive. Every time I reach to the bottom of the tank she attacks me.

When protecting a spawning site, eggs or fry, gender makes no difference, in my experience. (y)

Back
Top Bottom