Is this bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am cycling my 29 gal tank right now that I got around the beg of march and hopefully it is about done .... but for the past month i have been reading this site everyday and many other fish sites and just cant get enough ... i have yet to own a fish in my life and im already thinking about getting a 10gal to set up somewhere in my room at home :) ... and i def go the LFS when im bored and i have nothing to do and just look at all the cool fish .... i think the owners think im wierd sometimes but o well :)

Am I alone out there?

Ray

It's called MTS (no, not the snails)... we know it as Multi-Tank Syndrome. I know that I have it!

Its when you have a tank... and you realize you could fit another one on that desk over there... but it won't house this one fish... so you buy a bigger tank that you can put in the other room... but then that big fish isn't compatible with that other big fish you saw at the LFS... so you buy another BIGGER tank so accomidate that. And then, you have $50 extra bucks to buy this small tank on ebay, because you've always wanted a betta.. but then you can't keep a fiddler crab with the betta... so you buy another smaller tank to house that...

And then, you realize, wow, I have a lot of extra room in my backyard for a pond.... and that wall would be perfect for an in wall aquarium...

It's normal... well.. I use that term loosely.

There is always room for another tank IMO. You can easily lose furniture. What they aren't telling you is that after MTS comes STS (shruken tank syndrome0, which brings on more MTS. Vicious circle. When that occurs I can refer you to Jchillin's pyschiatrist. Dr. Ivana Phistank. :invasion:

Is the phone number 1-800-BUY-FISH? LOL

EDIT:

And MTS doesn't just affect your buying tanks. Just look at me, I bought a Nikon D70s Digital SLR camera with 2 lenses just to take pictures of my tanks and fish, and a 3rd to take pics out in the countryside (600-2000mm lens). LOL.

You are not alone in this one. JChillin has commissioned the help of a well known psychiatrist that comes to AA (Aquariums Anonymous) once a week for sessions. If you would like to sign up her name is Dr. Ivana Phystank. Right now it is group therapy and last weeks session was titled "Getting food without purchasing another tank." Very emotional. Who knew you could go to the lfs to get food without purchasing another tank?

I also suffer from thid MTS condition. I am currently seeking consuling so my wife won't leave me.

Hi, MY name is Brian and I am a fishaholic............

When you run out of room, you will realize that you no longer need that tv.........
image026.jpg

http://vafishfreek.com/TVhowto.html

Run now! MTS is EXTREMELY contagious!

After a 15 year hiatus from owning fish, I decided to get back into the fray. I cycled my first tank in early January. I now have 5 tanks spread throughout my apartment (30, 10, 10, 5.5, and a 1 gallon betta tank for "Mr. Jones".

I'm keeping smaller tanks because that's all I have room for right now, but I have some BIG plans for the future...

Welcome to the club....

Hi am a fishaholic and I get exited to see big tanks...

I currently have a 15gal, a 10gal, and two liters bottles i'm growing plants it. I called may dad up and told him next semester i wanted to bring a larger tank up for me. He says OK we have twenty gallon in the back room. I said no big enough, he said ok we have a 50gal glass long in the barn. I said Longs are for losers and glass is to heavy. I then hung up sad. the next day I saw a 55gal acrylic on eBay being sold only 10 miles from my house. I told my dad to buy it for me.

He thinks i am comming back up to school with a 55 gallon. Boy is he wrong, I'm comming back up with a 55gal a 20gal, and a 10 gallon. If he has a problem with it... I'll just buy them when I get up here :)

I started in this hobby about 18 mos ago, I now have 10 tanks in total, the kitchen table almost went, but found room to squeek a 75 gal into the living room.

I was given a 55g a few months ago. Thus the MTS has begun. Then my boyfriends little bro gave me his betta and the poor little guy was in a 1g so then I had to buy a 10g. My friend is supposed to be giving me another 10g and my boyfriends boss is talking about letting him work in her barn for a 160g. If we do that, we are going to be getting rid of furniture LOL. Where does it end? Do you just buy a bigger house or what? LOL

Nope, no need to purchase a bigger house. Just remove furnature from your existing home! Bean bags are great alternatives to tables/chairs and couches.

LOL... Or that blow up furniture can be nice. The only prob with that for me is the 5 cats I have! We have a chocolate lab that hates sleeping on the floor so much that when we have company and there is nowhere for him to sit, he will go lay in the bathtub lol. I guess I could just use that if I need to get rid of the furniture lol!!

Back
Top Bottom