Is This Broken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingman-Goose

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I currently having one of those periods where everything in my tanks starts going wrong.

Can someone tell me if this heater if definitely broken as I have not had a heater do this before. I can only feel heat coming of the end that glows, I would bet that's broken but just looking for confirmation or someone who has seen this happen before.

It's a Juwel 200w heater

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446755090.510998.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't see anything wrong with it. If it's heating the tank properly then I'd say it's doing its job.

Caleb

If you look at the heater, you'll see wrapped wire under the glass. The wire is what gets warm.

When you say "bottom" half. Only the bottom 1/4 - 1/2 where that wrapped wire is will be warm.

If by bottom half you mean the 1" where it's bright has heck..

Yeah, should of been clearer. The bottom inch where it is bright is the only bit that feels warm. The temperature in my tank seems to have dropped so I had to test it in this smaller tank where the water is much colder.

In the bigger tank I could not get it to come on even by turning the setting up.

Never seen the end glow like it is before but because it's a Juwel tank it's hidden by casing so wouldn't know. Just know my Eheim Jagers don't glow other than the light at the top. Does that help? I guess it is broken?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Heaters are the aquarium equipment most likely to have catastrophic failure, even when not accidentally damaged. If you aren't sure, then why would you risk it?

Back
Top Bottom