Is this ich? I'm afraid of the answer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok... After talking it over with a few members and thank you guys/gals

It's straight up heat and salt. I'll keep you posted.

Ok update. For what ever reason. Maybe no lids and LED lights I dunno but with 2 heaters in place for the start AND my spare I just tossed in the middle. The tank is struggling to get to 86 degrees. It's now at 84.8

This has been an update from you local cichlid station :)

lol this is either gonna be the most entertaining ich thread or the most boring lol. Temp is up now to 85.1

3rd heater is helping along. Just gonna watch it to make we don't get too high. I'll just unplug the 3rd and see if the other two can maintain.

Oh and doing 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt for every 5 gallons everyday.

So are we going to get updates through the night since we all know how "attentive" you tend to be? :) love your threads, they're educational AND entertaining. Hope you kick ichs butt!

You talked me through my ammonia spike. I'm here for you through this one buddy!

So are we going to get updates through the night since we all know how "attentive" you tend to be? :) love your threads, they're educational AND entertaining. Hope you kick ichs butt!

Haha thanks!! Tank is holding now at 85.8 going to make the saltwater mix now....

You talked me through my ammonia spike. I'm here for you through this one buddy!

Thanks!! Chime in anytime!! So far so good...

Sending good thoughts your way, Convict. Hope everything goes well, keep us updated.:)

There is a noticeable change I. Temperament thats for sure! A lot more chasing going on. Have temp steady at exactly 85.8 now.

Looks like I'm late to the party, but I've had good results with kordons ich attack as well. It says it's all natural, and safe for sensitive fish, scaleless and inverts, If you're worried about the loaches with salt.
Good luck!

Looks like I'm late to the party, but I've had good results with kordons ich attack as well. It says it's all natural, and safe for sensitive fish, scaleless and inverts, If you're worried about the loaches with salt.
Good luck!

Any issues with staining the tanks decor, silicon etc?

I'm still gonna go with the heat at 86 and 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt per 5 gallons and every 2 days water change and replace salt for amount taken out.

I have no other fish "showing" so hopefully it's not that bad. But gonna continue this route. I will say they are ALOT more active and aggressive.

Looks better already, well... Compared to the before pic!

I didn't have any issues with staining, but I also don't use full strength. It does turn the water a tea-stain brown though.

Looks like the heat is working, they've dropped off to reproduce. You might see some new spots, but while it's off the fish is when the treatment is effective.

Here he is today! Looking good!! Did a 50% water change. Another one on Tuesday.

image-1827160776.jpg

Attachments

• image-4188215655.jpg
    image-4188215655.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 65
Also re stained the tank with this new product "timer soy" suppose to be non toxic, it doesn't even really smell that bad. Gives a nice luster.

image-3964268419.jpg

image-2214813154.jpg

Back
Top Bottom