Is this ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I've never had ich in my tank but if it was me I'd get that ich medicine at petco or petsmart and do a big water change then treat the tank

But if its not ich I'm not sure what it is or what to do so you might wanna wait till someone else sees this

If no other fish have even afew spots then im almost certain it isnt itch so treating for it would be a waste of time, money and bad for the fish. Are there any other symptoms? How long has plec had these spots? Are you sure no one else has it?

Ich will look alot like grains of sand or salt sprinkled over the fish.

I noticed them two weeks ago and she seems to not leave her spot under the driftwood and sits upside down? This a symptom? I'll will double check my other pleco in a sec

I have to say, from the pictures he/she doesnt look very happy. Clearer pictures would bena good idea if you can get them. I would do it when its brightest outside and open the curtains and let the light in while you take a picture or 2. This will get the best out of your camera which im guessing youre using your phone?

I have to say, from the pictures he/she doesnt look very happy. Clearer pictures would bena good idea if you can get them. I would do it when its brightest outside and open the curtains and let the light in while you take a picture or 2. This will get the best out of your camera which im guessing youre using your phone?

Yes I'll wait until she comes out from under the wood hopefully feeding time shell come out and I'll get better pics. Yes I just got an iPhone 5 so the photos should be clearer. And how can I make her happier?

She came out and looks terrible...See all the white spots...

image-2717149145.jpg

image-3490731860.jpg

See the difference between the male and female ....?

Attachments

• image-2702060953.jpg
    image-2702060953.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image-4035497587.jpg
    image-4035497587.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image-600370115.jpg
    image-600370115.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 58
Yes and now her whole bodies whiter and I added a 1/5 the amount of aquarium salt I am supposed to to try and help with this and fin rot from my nitrate spike which is over with..

You will need to separate and treat the plecos in a different tank. You can treat them with heat of 86-88f. They do not handle the amount of salt needed to cure ich. Add extra aeration and leave the heat up for at least a week after the last spot is seen.

You will need to treat the whole tank. Goldfish can not be treated with heat. You will need to use salt for them. A 0.3% salt solution will be needed.

This is one of the reasons why goldfish and tropicals should not be kept together.

Take her out and put her in a bucket or something. Or do ,eds but that would be last resort IMO.

I have another ten gallon tank with 4 small fair won comet goldfish and another 55 gallon with koi? Would one of these tanks work? And how long does she have to be in there for? My koi kinda has a history of killing fish ..

I have another ten gallon tank with 4 small fair won comet goldfish and another 55 gallon with koi? Would one of these tanks work? And how long does she have to be in there for? My koi kinda has a history of killing fish ..

You need a totally different tank. A large Rubbermaid tub would work.

You may be able to take it out of one of your goldfish tanks. You may not even need some in them in the first place. What are your current tank temps.

55 is 73 ( one with the plecos) this one needs the heater because of the other male the koi a is 78 and the 10 gallon is 78 ( can't change the temp on this heater).

Back
Top Bottom