Is this ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few of my guppy babies in a well established tank turned nursery have started getting "saddles" as I call it. I've looked online all over for kinda sorta answers to what it is and in the mean time, they are starting to die. I treated with Melafix and Pimafix to no avail, so I've tried ich remedy. On those that have passed, some showed signs in the morning of the "saddle" and by evening they were gone. Since the two I've seen with the "saddle" have lasted a second day after treating for ich, I'm hopeful but it looks nothing like grains of sugar. It's slightly cottony I guess and they clamp their fins. I know I've not added all the info stated that's needed, but I can add if needed because I'm not sure on all that. The adults were moved to a bigger tank. This nursery is a 10g, live plants, tetra filter? (Came as a kit), weekly 25% water changes, age ranges 2 weeks to 1.5 months), heated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 58
I've had ich in my tanks before and it has never looked cottony. Maybe it's something else. Maybe you can take one into your lfs and maybe they can help?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ich would look like someone salted your fish. As in little white dots on their bodies, it could be some other parasite that's being killed by the medicine

are you testing your water? bump up the water changes to 50% every other day for a week or two, then 50% each week. test your water using a liquid test kit and post up the results. look up treatments for fungal infections and do lots of water changes.

Omg i cant believe nobody can idenitify columnaris! Look it up online. Its a very bad disease. You need to stearilize your equiptment and get rid of the really bad ones. Then you use the antibiotic Kanamycin along with furan-2. Although it is contagious, it is mostly always in the water and brought on by Stress and overcrowding and poor diet, so i reccomend you find out what is stressing them out and fix it.

Back
Top Bottom