Is this marimo algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this my marimo floating strands attaching to plants. The tanks this is in is a five gallon with 26 watt cfl and DIY co2. I dose a small amount of flourish weekly.

Attachments

• image-1835550468.jpg
    image-1835550468.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 88
Not sure, but you can Goolge chladophora and check out some pics to see if it looks the same.

It is Marimo algae spreading in my tank. The strands and the bubbling look exactly the same to the google images!

I have some of that too, I am going to attempt to shape it. How big is yours? Mine is only about 3/4" to an inch.

That doesn't look like marimo to me, it looks like regular ol chlado algae. I have never seen marimo get so long. How fast did it grow? Marimo is pretty slow growing...

Chlado algae didn't come up anything on google. I think it might be Marimo jus because I have two new forming balls just laying in the background. The strands are about an inch and starting to pop up in certain areas. I feel like I'm done with Marimo balls.

Cladophora
Marimo

Marimo is one type of chladophora. And it grows extremely slow. Most report it taking about six months to attach to driftwood. That looks like some stuff I had taking over my aquarium a while back. I got rid of it by using a dropper and squirting excel on it every day. I have read it helps to turn your filters off, but I didn't do that. I also got rid of the java moss that was infested. Never had any marimo in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom