Is this normal??? My water is evaporating so quickly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFrick31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 55 gallon saltwater aquarium is about a month And a half new and we just got a new light fixture for it last week. The water is evaporating so quickly that I basically have to put about a half a gallon in it a day. Is this normal? Is it because of the light? Ways to fix this? Advice? Help!

What light fixture? Is your tank open top or covered? And how hot does your tank run? Room temp?

I go through 5 gallons a day yours is normal Look into an ATO life saver IMO

My 55 with 20L sump so probably 65-70 gallon total Evaps about a gallon a day. So your about normal. There is nothing you can do to stop it. Just add that amount in Ro water to make up for it.

I was just going to ask the question about evaporation I'm going threw about 2 gallons a day on my 75 is this normal seem like a lot to me I didn't realize how much I was going threw until I put a 55 gallon sump/fuge in not to long ago and put a full line on it so I knew when to add if this is normal I'm definitely getting an ato

Sounds normal to me. A 75 with 55 sump will easily pull that much evaporation. As above states post, my 55 and 20 sump varies around with a gallon, but easily uses one up.

Back
Top Bottom