Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Cichlids have been digging these holes in my 75 Gallon. They're Blood Red Parrots that have been in this tank for a few months now. They've been doing this for a while now. I've seen them be aggressive, not to each other, but to my hand. This hasn't happened for a while. The larger hole was dug just today that I noticed after getting home. They like to hide (the larger more than the smaller). However, they do come out at feeding time twice a day. The smaller one first, then the larger. They use to be out a lot more, then they started digging and hiding more. So far I've counted about 5 holes varying in size. I've also seen them "kissing" Wednesday for the first time. So, is this normal? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426471318.769461.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426471380.649672.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426471428.531509.jpg
The first picture is one of the largest holes. The second and third are the Parrots. The larger one is the one you can't see very well.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's typically breeding behavior. However, parrot males are typically sterile

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom