Is this okay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been planning this I want to add a small baby Betta with my 2orange red guppies 2cory cats 1dwarf gourami a snail

image-3941185151.jpg

Guppies and Bettas do not get along. It is likely the Guppies will end up shredded.

I added a male betta (not sure how old) to my community tank with 2 guppies, 4 neon tetra's, 4 zebra danios, several ghost shrimp and a African dwarf frog and he never bothered any of them... I had all of the other tank mates first if that makes a difference... I'm not sure.

Every fish has it's own personality. Some bettas might get aggressive, some might not. I've never had luck with bettas and guppies in the same tank, but other people have. It really does depend from individual fish to the next. However, bettas tend to be aggressive towards other "flashy" fish, such as guppies. Really, you'll never know unless you try...but that's a risk in itself.

Every fish has it's own personality. Some bettas might get aggressive, some might not. I've never had luck with bettas and guppies in the same tank, but other people have. It really does depend from individual fish to the next. However, bettas tend to be aggressive towards other "flashy" fish, such as guppies. Really, you'll never know unless you try...but that's a risk in itself.

As above, I've had no success with bettas in community tanks. By mixing them you're praying for the exception sadly.

Guppies are flashy and move slow and Gouramis tend to nippy. I know theres always exceptions but fish for me are not an experiment so i usually err on the side of caution to avoid killing them. I would avoid it.

I wouldn't risk it. Why don't you get a 5-10g then get one? At least you know it would be safer than adding him to that tank.

Samzter said:
I wouldn't risk it. Why don't you get a 5-10g then get one? At least you know it would be safer than adding him to that tank.

Yea I might get. A 5

Well guppies and bettas don't always get along. They could get hurt or he could get hurt.

Samzter said:
Um I think I just explained that :L he might end up getting hurt by the DG , or he could harm it.

U got the app too cool and he has a deformed or what because I got him from pets mart he was in a tank with tiger barbs

image-4067462888.jpg

Lol loves to take pics

It looks like something nipped his tail. If he was with tiger barbs at the store, they are probably the culprit. They can be nippy little things. But I agree that if you want a betta it should be in its own tank. If you really want to try it, have a backup tank set up for it in case there is a problem.

Alyxx said:
It looks like something nipped his tail. If he was with tiger barbs at the store, they are probably the culprit. They can be nippy little things. But I agree that if you want a betta it should be in its own tank. If you really want to try it, have a backup tank set up for it in case there is a problem.

Thanx for the advice I had a female Betta that grew up with guppies it never attacked them then it died because it got blind because it kept nipping the new snail i think the snail hurt the Betta

I've had Bettas that have gotten along fine with guppies, too, but I have also had Bettas that flipped out and killed guppies after being ok with them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom