Isthis possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added 7 lbs of amazing live rock that is soo porous and full of life! To my tank containing 1 1/2lbs lr and 23lbs base /lace i added it to my 40 g which is cycling lastnight at 7 pm. As of now my ammonia is next to zero might be at .01 and my nitrates were 20 lastnight before i put it in, today they are between 40 and 80ppm nitrites are 0. My tank has only been up for 10 days. Ph is 8, temp 80, sg 1.0255 would you say i should go ahead and water change? Or wait a few more days? I have no algal growth and didnt have a big diatom boom, very miniscule

I had a spike in ammonia on day 1! Was at 5ppm so im wondering if my cycle is done?

I just retested, and i have 1 ppm nitrite, its almost doneeee!! Im gonna give it about two more days then add a group of shrimp and some astreas was thinking one peppermint, one coral banded and one or two cleaner shrimp?

After my water change and a day day for it to settle down of course , what you think? Or should i just start transferring over my ten gallon first?

I reckon you should hold off adding any livestock until your nitrites and ammonia calm down. Then you know your filtration is working. You can then do a water changes to lower the nitrates.

My ammonia is .01 or 0 im gonna wait a few days, but then after i said if params are okay im going to transfer over my ten gallon inhibitants to this new tank

Back
Top Bottom