It came with...Star poly coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a small rock with star poly coral on it. A few hours after i put it in my tank, i noticed 3 worms on the coral. They have striped of white and black. I don't see them moving alot, just peek their heads out. What are they? are they dangerous? they are very tiny so i couldn't get a picture. Sorry.

Thanks in advance

Maybe peanut worms. Do they retract quickly and seem to retract into themselves? Or, it could be a mini brittle star and you are seeing just three of it's legs.

So if they're peanut worms, there's nothing to be worried about right? what about brittle stars? I've heard from a lfs that some stars eat corals.

I havent had peanut worms .. or any that I have known about... but I have had loads of the little brittle stars that came with LR that all I ever saw for years was their arms waving around at night or feeding time to grab a flake or stuff that settled on the LR.. never had a issue with them messing with anything. I have read about other stars messing with stuff, not these though. :)

Yes, if they are peanut worms they are safe to have. They aren't a threat to anyone. And if it is a mini brittle star, it's safe as well and you'll probably never see any more than a few limbs at a time.

Back
Top Bottom