It had to mess up sooner or later...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
I do agree to buffer the water. I have extremely soft water also, and it's not typically an issue for me since I do regular water changes and don't fishless cycle, but for some tanks I have added buffers to make sure things stay stable.

Another place the nitrates could've come from is the substrate. She has mineralized topsoil.

True...but where in the world would 20-30 parts of no3 disappear to in under 24 hours? Even with a 50% pwc reducing them to 10-15...would you even fathom a lightly planted tank consuming that amount in that time frame? In my mind...there's really no explanation other than inaccurate readings...either when they were being registered or now.

Aquarium cycled and stocked as of Sunday. The second try at the cycle was 21 days start to finish. The aquarium is fully stocked but for my new betta, who's in quarantine.

-Mac- said:
Aquarium cycled and stocked as of Sunday. The second try at the cycle was 21 days start to finish. The aquarium is fully stocked but for my new betta, who's in quarantine.

Woot woot :) hopefully QT goes well I've got a pair of goldies in QT :) u gonna post pics ??

Yeah, when doofus gets outta QT and joins the tank; so two weeks, I guess. Can't believe the dingbat came with a spot. :facepalm:

-Mac- said:
Yeah, when doofus gets outta QT and joins the tank; so two weeks, I guess. Can't believe the dingbat came with a spot. :facepalm:

Haha well i got my goldfish from PetSmart so no way was I putting them
In my show tank but stupid me!!! My QT is cycling!!!! And now my air is messed up an all my tanks are 80 and up!!
our "Emergency" repair guy won't come til tomorrow... Did I mention I live in Texas??? It's 91 outside right now almost midnight!! Grrrrrrrr and my two dogs have long hair... Poor babies

Back
Top Bottom