It's a Red Cherry Shrimp, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacit Blues

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have 4 RCS, but one of them has a lighter/opaque stripe down it's back:

2KL7uUK8i_5v6ymy7zfVXyUhumNmMEwVYHhQ9vHEvy8LAYspN

Is this some sort of color morph? I've had them for almost 3 weeks now and that's how it's looked the whole time. Kinda neat looking, like it's a race shrimp with a "go fast" stripe.

I believe it (the racing stripe,
At least that's what I call it) is a color morph. Several of my shrimp have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks pretty sweet if.you ask me! You didnt though. . I don't know the specifics.. just that I like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a female that has a red head and red tail and a distinct clear mid section. The saddle appears white and bright. All others, and there are a lot, are all solid red. I keep trying to catch her to breed in a separate tank to see if I can selectively breed in the trait but she has resisted being netted in a very heavily planted tank.

I have a female that has a red head and red tail and a distinct clear mid section. The saddle appears white and bright. All others, and there are a lot, are all solid red. I keep trying to catch her to breed in a separate tank to see if I can selectively breed in the trait but she has resisted being netted in a very heavily planted tank.

Good luck. I've seen your tank and it's a jungle! In a good way, that is.

Back
Top Bottom