It's NEW BETTA DAY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He so tiny! :). I can see that his colors have come out more.

I was taking pics of my snails for my mom and king Neptune started flaring at my phone! So I took a picture of him. He's such a show off!

phoenixkiller said:
Nahh, he just doesn't like you, and he wants you off his property! :p

He was probably still mad at me for putting him a bowl yesterday for a few hours until I could clean out all of the food that my 2 yr old dumped in.

Did a test out of curiosity in Jitterbugs tank... It was cycled with between 7-40 tiny platy fry that were fed 3-4x's a day... Tank cycled 3 mths...

I did a 100% PWC yesterday and kept the filter...
Here are readings right now about 40 hrs later...

Ph 7.4
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0

And is this 5 for nitrate? Or...?
I used to have problems with high nitrates in past and this is my lowest reading ever, so just checking...

image-1856853920.jpg

ocminpin said:
Did a test out of curiosity in Jitterbugs tank... It was cycled with between 7-40 tiny platy fry that were fed 3-4x's a day... Tank cycled 3 mths...

Ph 7.4
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0

I used to have problems with high nitrates in past and this is my lowest reading ever, so just checking...

They need to redo nitrates colors. I can never tell them apart. Maybe it's 10? I would hold it so the white of the card is behind the test tube. I'm so glad the ammo and trites are 0!

Bearchumjs said:
They need to redo nitrates colors. I can never tell them apart. Maybe it's 10? I would hold it so the white of the card is behind the test tube. I'm so glad the ammo and trites are 0!

They've been 0 ever since I started that tank.. If I remember I used seeded media from a massive Bioload tank..:. So never saw ammonia or nitrites at all.
Ya 10 is darker than 20... Odd! If I hold up to light it looks lighter.. But anyway... 10 is good for ME who's readings back in December in every tank were 0, 0, 160+! that was ONE BUSY WEEK... I saw buckets in my dreams...

ocminpin said:
They've been 0 ever since I started that tank.. If I remember I used seeded media from a massive Bioload tank..:. So never saw ammonia or nitrites at all.
Ya 10 is darker than 20... Odd! If I hold up to light it looks lighter.. But anyway... 10 is good for ME who's readings back in December in every tank were 0, 0, 160+! that was ONE BUSY WEEK... I saw buckets in my dreams...

I have 20-40ppm nitrates. It's in my tap water. I have put king Neptune Neptune in the 55 gallon. There's no other fish in there so he's playing. :)

Ph 7.4
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0

View attachment 85873
I would say it's 10-20 nitrates, nothing serious. Just keep an eye on the nitrates, it's hard to control them in a small tank!

phoenixkiller said:
I would say it's 10-20 nitrates, nothing serious. Just keep an eye on the nitrates, it's hard to control them in a small tank!

He's the only one in there and no food is around his jaws long enough to hit the gravel! :)

Will still probably do two 50% PWC a week... Simple to do ESPECIALLY inches from the kitchen sink!

Have you decided on any tank mates for him yet? I just added another 5 chilli as they looked so lonely in the lfs!

maestromad said:
Have you decided on any tank mates for him yet? I just added another 5 chilli as they looked so lonely in the lfs!

I'm thinking I may actually leave him alone... Not 100% sure on that, but he's got such space to move around in... Call me sentimental but it's kind of like a tribute to those poor bettas I kept years ago in a tiny bowl...
I know for sure I'm going for CFL bulbs for my tank hood and will go planted...
What more could he want? :-D
It's just sooo cute he dances for me while I do dishes... He's at perfect eye level.

Aww he sounds so sweet, mine ignores the plants but likes to lay under the driftwood like es dead and gve me a fright!!

Why didn't I think of that! I was trying to fill the 5 gallon bucket in the kitchen sink... Sheesh! I gave up and used the hose (was filling a 55 gallon.)
Yep, that's what I had to do to fill my 55 gallon originally. I had to drag the hose more than 30 feet, then I had to attach the end of the hose to a pole and hoist it into a second-story window!

I'm thinking I may actually leave him alone... Not 100% sure on that, but he's got such space to move around in... Call me sentimental but it's kind of like a tribute to those poor bettas I kept years ago in a tiny bowl...
I know for sure I'm going for CFL bulbs for my tank hood and will go planted...
What more could he want? :-D
It's just sooo cute he dances for me while I do dishes... He's at perfect eye level.
He is the perfect fish! I hope he lives a loooooooooong time!

phoenixkiller said:
He is the perfect fish! I hope he lives a loooooooooong time!

Aww thank you! Me too. I loved him from the second I laid eyes on him.. He was so gorgeous even in the cup I gasped. :)

maestromad said:
Aww he sounds so sweet, mine ignores the plants but likes to lay under the driftwood like es dead and gve me a fright!!

Gee that's not very nice of him ;-)

This guys has got total "Happy Fins" ... I can see him across the room making a happy fool of himself... He's like a finned puppy.

Yeah right now my mr grumpy is swimming back and forth trying to wind my cat up so he goes and bats the tank!! My extra chillis have fit in well and the whole school are now out in the open, see numbers = happy fish!! So glad I got them lol :)

I've thought about tank mates for king Neptune. I think I'm going to leave him be. He loves his tank and it's his. I don't want him to feel like he has to claim his territory.

Funny thing he does- he stalks my MTS! It's so funny watching him watch the sand and gravel move.

I've thought about tank mates for king Neptune. I think I'm going to leave him be. He loves his tank and it's his. I don't want him to feel like he has to claim his territory.

Funny thing he does- he stalks my MTS! It's so funny watching him watch the sand and gravel move.
Yeah, personally, I think Bettas should have their own tank. They are so pretty they deserve it :)

Back
Top Bottom