It's NEW BETTA DAY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxkolbe said:
Nice fish, he'll probably color up after he settles down. Mine certainly did! :)

Just saw that his gills look black, could those be ammonia burns or something of that nature. You should probably keep an eye on it.

I hope it isn't. I was thinking it was his coloring maybe. He was active in his cup at the store. Is there anything I can do if it is ammonia burns? My tank is cycled already so that's a good thing.

Bearchumjs said:
I drip acclimated "Buster". (after our fav. Show mythbusters) and he's in his new home. He isn't really doing alot... Just hanging out.

Congrats on your new Betta! I am sure that he likes his new aquarium a lot better than the cup! :)

Just keep his water clean so it doesn't get infected. I know betas are sensitive to medication so I'd stay away from melafix or aquarium salt until a more experienced member chimes in on how to use them safely or if you really need to.

Maxkolbe said:
Just keep his water clean so it doesn't get infected. I know betas are sensitive to medication so I'd stay away from melafix or aquarium salt until a more experienced member chimes in on how to use them safely or if you really need to.

Ok. I'll just keep an eye on him and see what others have to say about meds.

Bearchumjs said:
I drip acclimated "Buster". (after our fav. Show mythbusters) and he's in his new home. He isn't really doing alot... Just hanging out.

What size container do you have him in?

ocminpin said:
What size container do you have him in?

I left him in his cup while acclimating him. I dripped until it was full, dumped half and then dripped it full again. It took 45 mins.

Bearchumjs said:
Just got this guy!! What do you guys think??

Wow!! Love your fish! I was looking something like fish color wise but once aquariumfish.net have it un stock I will buy another one since I'm upgrading Betta tank.

I'm just following along. Love to read about loved bettas :)

Attachments

• image-1268982072.jpg
    image-1268982072.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 81
Hi guys. I have a red male betta in my 130l tank. He is called gup! He is so smart! I have taught him to swim into a net to be fed when the lights get turned on. He is actually very docile! He is a push over. I have never seem him get aggressive however he is very moody! If I leave him in the net for too long or I don't feed him straight away he flares his fins and hides in the castle, as if to say screw you!

phoenixkiller said:
That's probably one of my favorite Bettas. Awesome colors!

There are also some gorgeous bettas and guppies on bettakapes.com

Austrent said:
Hi guys. I have a red male betta in my 130l tank. He is called gup! He is so smart! I have taught him to swim into a net to be fed when the lights get turned on. He is actually very docile! He is a push over. I have never seem him get aggressive however he is very moody! If I leave him in the net for too long or I don't feed him straight away he flares his fins and hides in the castle, as if to say screw you!

image-1737638929.jpg

This is gup

Bearchumjs said:
His fins are amazing! How did you get them to grown that long?

Thanks! I didn't do anything. I use stress coat as a dechlorinator for him but other than that it's all him.

jlbfish said:
Pretty love his colors! How does he like the sand?

I guess he likes it ok. One side is sand and one side is pebbles. He made a tiny bubble nest. I hope he perks up a little more. Someone said he may have ammo is burns on his gills. Do they heal? Is he going to be ok?

Back
Top Bottom