It's Playsand season. Shout out when you find some!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried that already. Its beautiful white sand, but unfortunatly its silica. (too bad cause it looked so good.)

Ok I give up. :roll: Anyone out there that can ge this sand and is going to the next gathering at Bernie's please pm me. I want 6 bags and am willing to pay cost plus I'll give you an extra 25 bucks cash on delivery. (yea I;m desprite). :mrgreen:

for Los angeles< Cal area

Home depot in Rosemead, California gots 2 pallets full, everytime i visit, theres always a full pallet. i p/u 3 bags yey !!

Harrisonburg, PA has some, but I paid $8 a bag to get it here to harrisonburg, VA, Working on getting more

OK, I need some help here...I found sand by Oldcastle called

Dixie White Play Sand.......

Is this stuff any good? Has anyone heard of it or used it?

I found it at Mejiers Store in Indiana. I just want to know if I should go snatch it up before it's too late.

Thanks,

Mike

Take a bottle of vinegar with you to the store. Pour a little of it on the sand out of a damaged bag. If it fizzes and foams it is the right stuff.

OK...the Dixie White Playsand is not the stuff. I poured some distilled white vinagar on it and ...nuthin...I bought it anyway because I need some sand to put on my stepps for the pool so it was not a waste.

It was $20.00 and some change for 300 pounds....would have been a great deal...LOL

Mike

I ended up having to spend about 50 bucks for 60 lbs of Carib Sea Aragonite.

sucks, but it is the only way I am getting Argonite sand here in Peoria, IL. Good thing I only have a 37 gallon tank!

Well, I went to HD in Elk Grove Village, some 60 miles from my house. But, I got the stuff. $6.99 a bag (50 lbs), Carribean Playsand by OldCastle. I puchased a measly 300 lbs. Thanks to Mad Mech Master (Kudos) for the tip about the sand. Now I just got to figure out the best way to get it into my tank.

Mike

I too saw the "old castle" stuff at meijer in S. IN. When I got it home it had a blurb on the bag about silica and inhaling. I just want one bag for the fuge and I can almost get LS for the price of bagged sand at the LFS. :(

argonite play sand in South Carolina

Anyone know of a place to obtain aragonite play sand in the Upstate region of South Carolina? My local Home Depot and Lowes only carry sakrete and quickrete silica sand.

ok....since everyone else is asking. Does anyone know of a store in the Dallas TX area that I can buy this "chosen" sand from :)
Thanks

From Dallas, I'd make a day trip to the Houston, while there hit the coast and go out into the water and scoop up a vew buckets. Pre-Cycled live argonite sand loaded with pods etc! Can't go wrong! :D

You could do the same thing in SC. From Spartanburg to Charleston is about 3.5 hours. Make a day of it :D

For anyone getting sand from the beach PLEASE observe local laws in what limits there are to how much you can take. Most local laws limit you to a certain number of "buckets" per day or week (if its legal at all). Find out what the local laws are before going obviously!

I found some sand called.....garden basics at wally world. When I added the vinegar it foamed just a little bit. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom