It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few new things today

Miami Hurricane Chalice
IMG_3598.JPG

A new clam
IMG_3592.JPG

Here's the new guy with the other 2
IMG_3591.JPG

Also, my clowns decided to lay eggs today
IMG_3595.JPG

That's good stuff, looks great. I thought clowns lay their eggs at the base of an anemone for protection?

just curious, could you have qt'd the eggs and produced fry, Ive got a mated pair and I think it would be interesting some day

I haven't done a lot of research, but I think that's what breeders do. Once the eggs are confirmed fertilized, they'll move them to a seperate tank.

That's too bad, it looks like they were fertilized, but they do need to be kept in a separate tank.....CUC is good at what it does!!!

So I've been out of the country for the past month. Thanks to Allen, my wife, and the manager at the LFS for watching my tank, everything survived, although the tank isn't looking it's best.

About 2 weeks ago my wife tells me somehow my ATO failed. I have a dual switch setup (2d switch as a failsafe) but somehow the thing managed to pump in 25+g of water and overflow my sump. My wife, as she's leaving the house one morning, decides to peek and see the floor full of water. She called Sean at Fins and Feathers and he rushed right out to help get the water back stable, as you can imagine the sailinity was shot at that point.

So other than me really needing to get in there and clean it out, all looks pretty good. Not as much growth as I would've expected, but I'm chalking that up to the fact I'm overdue to replace my bulbs. I'll get an updated FTS once I have an afternoon to get the tank straightened up and looking good again.

Coming soon. I've logged a few hours of maintenance on the tank, so it's starting to look legitimate again.

New replacement ATO arrived today too.

Back
Top Bottom