It's Time to Start Thinking About It: Acrylic vs. Glass This Time Around...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think that you could buy an acrylic tank with a rim or maybe if you still have that cursed tank, you can take the rim off of that one and silicone it on the new one. I will explain how to remove it if you happen to still have it.

I cant think of your other questions right now but i will look and try to answer them.

Thanks; no, we don't have the cursed tank anymore -- it has been disposed of by the contractors that were here upon our request. Are you saying that in general, acrylic tanks can't support regular HOB's like the AquaClears?

If so, that's not going to work for us...I'm not really comfortable putting a rim on a tank myself...:blink: :hide:

Half a cap is fine. You'll go through it a little faster that way, but the extra will go to making sure ammonia gets neutralized which is a very good thing. They shouldn't suffer any ill effects if they're getting daily water changes with enough prime to neutralize a good chunk of the ammonia every day. I'm sure they are appreciating everything you are doing for them even though they are in a smaller home than they are used to.

It seems they are indeed happy and appreciative; they go crazy at the glass every time we pass the tank or approach it. :) The Moor and Oranda even seem to be growing even larger...

So, half a cap of Prime is okay then...I shall continue to do that!

But doing 50% once or twice a day sounds just fine for them. Are you testing the water between changes? Knowing exactly what kind of levels you are dealing with can help you make sure your changes are as effective as you want them to be.

Well, I'm not doing any testing during this time of daily changes because my logic is telling me that even if the numbers did come back as "off," what more can I really do than the daily and bi-daily changes I'm doing now to correct them?

Back
Top Bottom