I've Got Fish!!!! It is O-Fish-al!!! heh heh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanaticbooks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to the fish store and now have

4 coreys - julii
10 Harlequin Rasbora
5 Zebra Nerite Snails

Next Tues/Wed I will go back to look at a new batch of guppies the fish store owner said is coming in this weekend and should be gorgeous.

At that time, I will get more coreys and some guppies.

My water is doing great. I upped it to 2 tsp. per day of ammonia because those little bacteria suckers kept sucking it up fast. Last two days, less than 24 hours, the water was below .25.

All my other items are doing well also.

Ph still dropping but am keeping close eye on it. Coral didn't do squat for it. Absolutely nothing and I had kept putting more and more into the mesh bag to get the ph up. Nada

Went back to powder buffer.

Did a 50% pwc before put fish in because of the nitrates at noon. Tonight EVERYTHING is right in their proper field for good for fish.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I couldn't have done this if you hadn't helped me.

fanaticbooks

Will take pictures when all are brought to their new home.

just a side enjoyment....

My black cat, PuddyTat, is really trying to catch the catfish. I've had to block the back, move my wireless phone connection and basically cat-proof the electrical.

He is a riot to watch. Fish just ignore him. :lol:

I couldn't resist posting

Still need to get the other half of my fish, but...

I wanted to take in a picture of the tank to the Fish Guy so he could check that I am not overstocking....

Then, since I took the pictures, got to thinking I could also check with you guys since you have helped me so much so far, and so....

I couldn't resist taking pictures to show you. Note: I have 4 corys julii and 10 Harlequin Rasbora; also 5 Zebra Nerite Snails. I will probably be adding 4 more corys and 6-8 guppies.

I have added some stuff I found while cleaning out my bookroom. I had them stored for when I changed my tank and had forgotten I had them. What fun...didn't spend money but added some more stuff.

Do you think it is too full?

here we go...

(Please note my catfish pulling a Blue Angel Flying stunt in one of them--flying in close formation while the other is zooming into the sky to get behind them. :cool:)

Attachments

• DSCN2007.jpg
    DSCN2007.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2008.jpg
    DSCN2008.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2012.jpg
    DSCN2012.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2011.jpg
    DSCN2011.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 53
It is a 28 gallon hexagon.

Oh yes, I had to redo the electrical stuff. I ended up putting the outlets on the wall instead of attached to the stand behind because of my dear kitties (see 1st picture--black one and one in the background by the eyes shining).

I had to put the wiring up since they kept going around and shutting it off on me despite my many attempts to prevent it. Finally, I now have it that they can circle and not hurt the wiring, fish, or themselves.

They are hilarious, especially the black one, PuddyTat. He races around that tank as if he were chasing his tail. Tweety is more dignified, although they have butted heads a couple of times coming from opposite directions. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom