I've made ALL the mistakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My weekend's accomplishments...

From left to right...My 10 G QT tank, which currently houses all of my tropical fish until the center tank cycles. center is my new 55G tank, that is trying to do a fishless cycle, but the BB's are starving because I haven't added any ammonia yet, far left are my Goldies 10G tank...I have two Goldies that started out as feeder fish many many years ago.

Attachments

• fishtanks.jpg
    fishtanks.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 92
I like that layout:) it be kinda different if they were connected. If you wanna give your bb a slight jumpstart simply sprinkle a few lil pieces of fish flake food...thatll get ya syarted

I'm glad you like my layout. I woke up this morning and walked out into my classroom and was pleased with the layout, myself. What do you mean, "connected"?

I need to get new hoods and glass tops for the 10 gallon tanks. I'm shopping online for them, now.

Territoons said:
so..if I have a 55 gallon tank with .5 ppm ammonia, and I want 4ppm..how much PURE ammonia do I add, approximately?

With the Ace hardware Ammonia 5 ml put me at 4ppm in my 55 gallon

this $1 gallon fish tank price isn't at Petco, and it isn't a sale...it's their always price! this is at a small privately owned pet shop in Kearny Mesa, CA called Octopuss Garden.

I work at the petco like 5 minutes away from there lolz... I didn't know they had that deal on the tanks either

haha..ya, I don't know they were that inexpensive, either. I ended up getting one GIVEN to me, so I didn't have to buy one. Free is even cheaper than $1 a gallon! :)

I was talking about if the 10g if they were connected to the 55...so the fish could swim between tanks.you should google water bridge

well...I did a quick google search...I confess. But it looks pretty weird, like a tube that comes UP out of the tank and UP and over and back DOWN again into another tank! Do the fish actually swim though it? Hoe does the water stay in?

now imagine running a bridge from one 10g, overtop the 55, and into the other 10g ;) would look awesome

Aww why depressed? And to answer your question, take a bowl and fil it with water..then take cup and place in the bucket and allow it to fill up, then flip it upside down under water and slowly pull the glass out....the water stays in the glass. Same idea with the water bridge:) and yes fish can swim through it.

My new big 55 is starting to cycle beautifully, and now the fish that are waiting for it are not looking well. Specifically my silver mollies. specifically ONE of my silver mollies has a hole in her head...in fact two of them, and the other silver molly is not looking happy, either.

I have treated them with salt water....so far.

I'm just tired of them getting sick. I really want some healthy pretty fish that I can transfer into my 55 pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom