I've made ALL the mistakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just filled the fish tank (outside) with a gallon of vinegar and filled it all the way to the top with water...to serif it leaks and soak it...all at once

Territoons said:
I'm BACK! I bought 3 gallons of white vinegar, 1 gallon of bleach, some outlet strips and....oh ya...an oak stand for my tank! :)

Lol, so much for DIY huh? It's ok, saves time!

Territoons said:
I just filled the fish tank (outside) with a gallon of vinegar and filled it all the way to the top with water...to serif it leaks and soak it...all at once

Alright, you'll probably wanna start scrubbing after maybe 2 hours or so. Use a new sponge so there's no soap residue on it.

we just got finish...JUST got finished with out kitchen DIY. To be honest I am so TIRED of DIY. This tank clean is going to be a HUGE project in itself, I think.

Territoons said:
we just got finish...JUST got finished with out kitchen DIY. To be honest I am so TIRED of DIY. This tank clean is going to be a HUGE project in itself, I think.

Probably, I'm here if you need me, but I have a party at 6, so I can help until then.

in the meantime, we are reinforcing the oak stand to make it even stronger (some DIY, see!) and I will be rearranging my classroom to accommodate the new stand, which includes moving two ten gallon tanks to new spots. I wanted one stand for all three tanks, but that extended the budget a bit too much

Territoons said:
in the meantime, we are reinforcing the oak stand to make it even stronger (some DIY, see!) and I will be rearranging my classroom to accommodate the new stand, which includes moving two ten gallon tanks to new spots. I wanted one stand for all three tanks, but that extended the budget a bit too much

Alright, that's cool. :) budgets are a good thing ;)

Territoons said:
well, have FUN! I'll be at this for awhile I think. should I soak the plastic plants and rocks in vinegar or bleach or something?

That'd be safest. A 1 part water to 4 parts bleach would probably be safest for soaking. Just scrub really well Afterwords. But whatever you do... No soap!!!

I'd stay away from bleach if possible.. You could use it but you'd have to wash it a ton before using it. Vinegar actually dissolves any salt or calcium deposits. Can't wait to see the tank filled and cycling:)

Back
Top Bottom