IYO Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy my dear, what exact light fixture do you have?? LOL Do you have 2, 2 bulb fixtures or 4, 2 bulb fixtures? Cause I looked up the Nova Extreme, 4 bulb, all I could find was this and I'll need 2 36" fixtures.

Current USA Nova Extreme T5HO Fixtures

I don't see that it has any LED lights for the moonlight stuff either? Am I missing another option?

Idk if this is an option.. But if your light fixture doesn't have a led for moonlight, they sell led strips you can attach to the back of a light fixture or the back section of tank.. For the 'moonlight' effect.. I've personally never done that, but I have heard of people doing that, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Mommaof4boys said:
Okay, next question.. I guess I need to figure out if I need to get 2 36" fixtures or just one 72" fixture?? Which do you think would be better???

Do you really want to hang 2 fixtures? Plus you will also need to accommodate the plugs for both. Many fixtures have more than one plug. My oddysea has 3. If you go with oddysea, make sure you get one with a timer. They've switched their on/off switches to 3 way switches. (Bulbs and leds on / leds only / all off) Impossible to run on timers. **unless it has multiple plugs**

Mommaof4boys said:
Andy my dear, what exact light fixture do you have?? LOL Do you have 2, 2 bulb fixtures or 4, 2 bulb fixtures? Cause I looked up the Nova Extreme, 4 bulb, all I could find was this and I'll need 2 36" fixtures.

Current USA Nova Extreme T5HO Fixtures

I don't see that it has any LED lights for the moonlight stuff either? Am I missing another option?

I have the two bulb fixture but I ended up buying another later when I could afford it. They have two plugs one for the t5 lights and one for the moonlights. The only downfall is you have to order the bulbs online because they have a 4 pin plug for the bulb. Well at least I do because since the stores around me don't carry them.

This is something to take into serious consideration. Cheaper fixtures cut costs in the ballasts. More expensive fixtures from companies like marineland, coralife, etc put more technology into their ballast. What this means is bulb life. While you are saving in the initial purchase over time you will have spent more in replacing bulbs twice a year.

While I like the oddysea fixture I have, I've been researching pendant fixtures. Eventually I plan on mounting 2 since I'm trying to establish a heavily planted Malawi tank.

Attachments

• image-591560615.jpg
    image-591560615.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom