Jack Dempsey Chasing and seperating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tk82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 75g tank with a 2.5" jd, 4" gt, 3" jewel cichlid, 3 tiger barbs (had 5) and 7 giant danios to dither. I just added a 4" salvini yesterday after a 50% water change and immediately the jd gave chase non stop. I took the jd out and is now in a 5 gallon bucket with an air stone to try and get the salvini settle in to the tank. (I know that this a bit overstocked once they get bigger, and I do have plans for a 125g). My question is how long should i keep the jd in the bucket before returning him back into the tank. I read somewhere that if I separated him and let the new guy settle in once I return him the aggression level should diffuse. How true is this? Thanks in advance

I currently have a 75g tank with a 2.5" jd, 4" gt, 3" jewel cichlid, 3 tiger barbs (had 5) and 7 giant danios to dither. I just added a 4" salvini yesterday after a 50% water change and immediately the jd gave chase non stop. I took the jd out and is now in a 5 gallon bucket with an air stone to try and get the salvini settle in to the tank. (I know that this a bit overstocked once they get bigger, and I do have plans for a 125g). My question is how long should i keep the jd in the bucket before returning him back into the tank. I read somewhere that if I separated him and let the new guy settle in once I return him the aggression level should diffuse. How true is this? Thanks in advance
Hello, you can try rearranging tank so the jack will have stake a new territory & then try reintroducing but be warned the aggression may still continue. They are known for being aggressive & territorial. You may have to re-home one or other. Hope this helps!!!!!

Hello, you can try rearranging tank so the jack will have stake a new territory & then try reintroducing but be warned the aggression may still continue. They are known for being aggressive & territorial. You may have to re-home one or other. Hope this helps!!!!!
Yup, so I returned him back into the tank and no more than 30 min. Later, the chase was back on. I will be returning the salvini than to risk it dying

Back
Top Bottom