Jason's 10 gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes probably when im about 15 i will get a bigger one but for now i like having smaller tanks because they are just nicer than a big one that you have look everywhere to see all the fish in one spot! ll

Don't Siamese Algae Eaters grow to be like 10 inches :confused:
I could be wrong on that, though.

Anyways, the tank is really coming along nicely :)
I love the Guppy!
Can't wait to see it stocked with Neons.

I agree that a black background would look nice, really make the plants and fish stand out!

Well i had a look at that website but i couldnt find any ottos so i will try and find some on live fish but i dont know if i will be allowed to buy them online. Ughh trying to convience mum and dad is going to be hard. Plus its $20 shipping and there is a stupid thing where if youdont pay over $20then you can buy from them. I know that this is probably a business thing but idont care its annoying.
Also my plants are doing really well, everything had got new leaves and runners and so on. I am thinking of doing co2 but it would be hard to do plus i would have to buy another air stone and da di da so yeah thats my update!

I ahve a questions guys if you just do tops ups on your tank does this get rid of the ammonia or not? I am guilty of doing this once or twice but i really dont know what happen?

Your biological filter should get rid of the ammonia and produce nitrates. Topping off the tank won't remove any nitrates. You have to remove water to remove nitrates.

Well, in that case, as long as your Ammonia and Nitrate levels are safe then you are fine. When one of them rises, you will have to do a large water change to bring them down.

Cool, do you have a job or something?? How do you get paid at 13 lol I want in

Awesome! I really want to work at a pet store because the employees no NOTHING- they litterally grab the fish- with their fingers.
Even I know more than them, so it would be really cool to work there and help fix that fish department up! I thought it might be like 16 age minimum bur turns out it's 18! Ugh so long away...

Yea, in America to work around animals you have to be eighteen. But, finding a pet shop that is hiring once you are over that age limit... not so easily.

Back
Top Bottom