Jason's 10 gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stores and states might set their own policies on age, but as far as I know there is no federal law stating 18 as an age to work with animals. I know people under 18 who work for the humane society, etc. And Jason, if you mean topogfs instef of water changes, it is still a good idea to do PWCs. There is more reason for it than just nitrates. DOCs will eventually build, traces elements will be lost and ph will drop, etc.

--Adeeb

Well, I know shelters and stuff are different. Sorry. I was pretty sure that was everywhere in America. Well, I can safely say in Georgia, the limit is eighteen.

Stores and states might set their own policies on age, but as far as I know there is no federal law stating 18 as an age to work with animals. I know people under 18 who work for the humane society, etc. And Jason, if you mean topogfs instef of water changes, it is still a good idea to do PWCs. There is more reason for it than just nitrates. DOCs will eventually build, traces elements will be lost and ph will drop, etc.

--Adeeb
Yeah i know that now but i was lazy one or two days and i was like meh and just filled it up and im sorry. But other than that i have been completly unlazy and a good boy doing his PWC! lol:gangsta:Die Ammonia!

I'll never forget I got a fish or two from Petsmart three years ago and the lady wouldn't sell me fish because I was only 16. I had never encountered that before in my entire life. But, I hate Petsmart...I'll never forget when the lady told me not to put cichlids in sand because they will choke when they sift through it, and that a light for a 20 gallon was big enough for my 46. Ohhhhh those were the days. Then she called me stubborn! :-D

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Oh gosh. That's like how this lady at one by me was telling a new fish keeper to put tiger barbs, red belly pacus, and bala sharks together in a 55g.

What silly people that give out such terrible advice! I cant believe people would do something like that!
Any way i would be posting pics but im at school and ment to be doing work, jokes nahy im actually on the computars and doing a power pint presantation!

I'll never forget I got a fish or two from Petsmart three years ago and the lady wouldn't sell me fish because I was only 16. I had never encountered that before in my entire life. But, I hate Petsmart...I'll never forget when the lady told me not to put cichlids in sand because they will choke when they sift through it, and that a light for a 20 gallon was big enough for my 46. Ohhhhh those were the days. Then she called me stubborn! :-D

Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Oh yeah, their official policy is not to sell animals to minors. I've been told that once or twice. But most of the time the employees don't know/care :cool: Most of them have no clue about fish anyways, although it's nice to get someone who knows what they're talking about once in a while.

--Adeeb

Ok im sorry they are late but here are pictures!
I ahve added some thing like the swords and the fish

img_1184534_0_45711d447215d1a290e1c7a9e8d967f0.jpg

img_1184534_1_062d8fb059e6518f27702ab148860b51.jpg

img_1184534_2_18f120d7e07f3f1b1071447d4e06f9bb.jpg

img_1184534_3_dd2727976a7a44b0dbb52ee7e3fcb983.jpg

img_1184534_4_f32299fcf0a005e5a793958b606b427a.jpg

Last edited:
Looking really good. Your balloon mollies are adorable!

As to the issue of not selling fish to minors.. I know we only refrain because we'd had a lot of angry parents come in ticked that their child brought home stuff they weren't allowed to have. Most teenagers don't take care of them and it causes a lot of issue(don't have the space, don't have money for proper habitat, etc). My favorite customer, though, is a 14 year old boy who shops with me regularly. He is super knowledgeable and responsible and his parents told us he could get whatever he wants because he always does his homework on it first. I wish all my customers were like him. :D

Alright i got some Neons today, 12 though i paid for 10 2 were sick so i decided to kill them humanly and feed them to my Yabby now before you say OMG HOW COULD YOU. They were going to die anyway and i did fast and painless as for the others the balloon mollies are pretty inquisitive of them and wont leave them alone. Also got some Lileapsosis grass and corkscrew val in bad condition but it was cheap, I also notcied my Algea eater has gotten bigger like 2cm more since i bought him.
I will post pics right now they are getting used to the tank and i have my lights off and its dark.

Alright i got some Neons today, 12 though i paid for 10 2 were sick so i decided to kill them humanly and feed them to my Yabby now before you say OMG HOW COULD YOU.
Haha lol. Well they were sick, and now they're food so it's all good :slurp:

2cm bigger already? That algae eater must be growing fast. Can't wait for pics!

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom