Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did you get the java moss from?

Don't remember. Either an auction I went to or a pet store. Just about everyone around me sells it from time to time, even Pet-Co.
If you dont mind me asking, why are you so interested in java moss? Do you like the way it looks or maybe you have something in your tank you think might benefit?

I'm trying to get java moss but can't find them at my lfs, and I heard they're great shelter and food for my dry and shrimp!

I had the same problem, could not find it anywhere, and of the the LFS around here wanted alot of $$ for a small clump. So I went on eBay and bought about 3 golf sized clumps for like 12 free shipping. So try there and good luck!

Does marimo miss balls do well in the ten gallon, is it a low tech plant?

But are they compatible to my current tank conditions, if I tie them to the mopani wood, will they start attaching?

As i said it grows slow, so you would be waiting for nothing. It could take forever to Attach to the wood. Not sure about the light it needs though

Yes it will and no it wont. You ghost shrimp will chase down the fry even into the java moss. But the moss has tiny stuff for fry to eat

I have some ghost shrimp in my community tank never had any plant damage so you should be fine.

It will grow with or without ferts, with or without co2 and will grow with only ambient to high lighting. The stuffs practically indestructible. I found some growing in the plug hole of my laundry tub. It even had new growth.

Back
Top Bottom