Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. If you are going to petsmart, they usually carry flourish, but maybe you want to wait until 1-2 weeks after the new cfls. The best CFLs I could find at petsmart was a marineland 5,100K. Which isn't the best, but it should work. I haven't gotten that tank up and running yet though. Good luck!

Could I just have one side colormax and the other side compact fleuroscent?

Well first, colormax is just a type of cfl. If you did that, you would have algae on half of your tank and one half would be a different color than the other. I wouldn't do that.

I'm going to put java moss and anubias completely away from the color max, so less agae will reach the plants

Because I want algae to grow in the tank since its good for the fish, and I bought ferts(flourish)!

Ehh, algae isn't necessarily 'good'. Although the fish will might nibble on it occasionally, it is really just an indicator that your tank is not balanced (plants are not getting all of the energy they could) and IMO it doesn't look great.

What about all of the gravel, your wood (almost impossible to get algae off wood IMO), and any other decor. I think it would be easier to get the other bulb. That and half your tank would be redder than the other side.

I agree but another person told me it was okay in my "HELP" thread, maybe you could prove him wrong

Well, it would be ok. But you would probably have algae and no plants on one side. IMO, they should both have plants and no algae. But hey, it is your tank, so do whatever you want.

When one side is covered I'm going to change both bulbs to compact fleuroscent

Would it be okay if I could grow bamboo in by tank? How do I plant it, is it a low light plant. Does it need any ferts, can I tie them to mopani wood, do they need substrate, and co2????

For rooting plants, could I just plant them in gravel, not substrate?

What are marginal llants

Last edited by a moderator:
aqua hobbyist said:
Would it be okay if I could grow bamboo in by tank? How do I plant it, is it a low light plant. Does it need any ferts, can I tie them to mopani wood, do they need substrate, and co2????

For rooting plants, could I just plant them in gravel, not substrate?

What are marginal llants

Bamboo needs to grow into air so no you cant really. Bamboo needs gravel to grow in . And no co2 ( i think)

Ok, first, don't put bamboo in your tank. It doesn't work too well in aquaria. Marginal plants are plants that can either be in water or out of water (or maybe it is plants that need both, not sure). Gravel is a kind of substrate. Substrate refers to the stuff on the bottom. But you have huge gravel, which is not good for plants.

Ok, I have already told you. Yes, but the spectrum isn't well balanced so the excess will go to algae growth which isn't good for plants.

Back
Top Bottom