jays 275 cube Fw planted tank progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added a fan to sump today to try and stop all the condensation

So iv cut back lots and lots the diy co2 I did an update on to weeks back worked really well out of my 5l bottle I got two weeks and all my plants have buddles coming off all day every day 2 cups suger. yeast . Hunny.Lemmon juice. And viniger. My plants are growing like make iv added a little more suger this time to see if it last longer

The secret to making it last longer is the yeast. Champagne yeast is king but any brewers yeast will help.

Tanks been taking a bit of a back seat last couple of week having 3 kids is hard work

ForumRunner_20130117_195441.jpg

Iv had a little brown alge so iv cut down the light to 6 hours see if that helps

So iv dissided to up my cleaning team and ordered 20 nerite snails they come Friday but I'm worried about them running out of food so I was thinking of uping the light

Remember they will eat bio-film off the glass, plants, etc. But you can always add an algae tab or two once or twice a week or blanch alittle slice of zucchini/courgettes weighted down on the substrate once a week. I wouldn't increase light to encourage more algae since they only eat diatoms, bio-film, green dust and green spot algaes.

Remember they will eat bio-film off the glass, plants, etc. But you can always add an algae tab or two once or twice a week or blanch alittle slice of zucchini/courgettes weighted down on the substrate once a week. I wouldn't increase light to encourage more algae since they only eat diatoms, bio-film, green dust and green spot algaes.

Thanks rivercats

With my high lighting on my 60g some of my low light plants get algae often so that's where my nerites hang out a lot and clean those plants so they always have food :) they also like to stick to the algae wafers I feed my BNP's

With my high lighting on my 60g some of my low light plants get algae often so that's where my nerites hang out a lot and clean those plants so they always have food :) they also like to stick to the algae wafers I feed my BNP's

So do u think I have to meany

Well, I put about 20 in my 60g and about half of those died due to an accident while I was on vacation, so I have about 10-12 in there now and they do the job just fine. I don't think you have too many, but 10-15 of them would work fine also.

Ok thank you Dan you've really put my mind at rest I was really worryed I ordered to meany

No problem! They do lay white eggs all over the place after time, so it may make the tank look bad if you don't scrape them off constantly...I got behind on that and now my DW looks like it has a bunch of white polka dots all over it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom