JBJ nano filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

resiak

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you guys think of the JBJ nano deluxs filtration system?

"Out of the box" the filtration is not ideal for a SW or reef tank. Ditch the sponges, ceramic rings and bioballs that came with the unit. Here is what I did...chamber one I filled half way up with cured LR rubble. On top of that I placed a bag of Chemi-Pure and a couple PURA filtration pads. Chamber two is filled up completely with LR rubble. The third chamber has more LR rubble in it, a heater and an upgraded return pump.

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_002_864.jpg
    uploadable_pics_002_864.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for the info and pic! So are you happy with the JBJ after modifying it?

check out my post about the fix to keep gobies, firefish and wrasse from jumping into the sump part, I just posted a pic of it to give a better idea of what I am talking about.

So are you happy with the JBJ after modifying it?
Pretty happy, yah. I do wish it had a skimmer and the factory powerhead that came with it is crap. All-in-all, it is a nice unit.

lando, is that the 12 or the 24 gallon? I have a 2004 12 and a 2006 24, the newer one is a lot better unit - the pump is better and the lights are a LOT better. The entire hood is different (besides being larger). A completely different design.

Check out http://www.nanotuners.com

They have the skimmers and a bunch of other stuff for really good prices. I have not ordered anything from them myself, but I am thinking about the MH fixture for my old JBJ with a broken hood.

lando, is that the 12 or the 24 gallon?
It is a 12gal nano deluxe. I got it right after they came out. I had to have been one of the first people in MN to get one. It does have the upgraded lighting but no moons or surface skimmer as shown in the latest model.
They have the skimmers and a bunch of other stuff for really good prices. I have not ordered anything from them myself, but I am thinking about the MH fixture for my old JBJ with a broken hood
thanks for the link. I do beleive Current USA makes a nano tank with optional MH lighting.
www.nanocustoms.com is another resource.

Back
Top Bottom