Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh 4 am n I'm thinking about doing my wc to get it out of the way for the day, bet my fish would be less than impressed with me messing around in there at bedtime... I shall let yall know how it goes :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Ahhh 4 am n I'm thinking about doing my wc to get it out of the way for the day, bet my fish would be less than impressed with me messing around in there at bedtime... I shall let yall know how it goes :)

4am?!? Let them be Jess.

Malawi Freak said:
All these water changes are going to stress the out over time.

x10000000000+

Couldn't agree more!! You really need to slow down with them an the times you do them. 4am isn't a good time unless it warrants it. Many have said you can go to weekly's and just test during the week. That will tell you where your at. I'm pretty sure your ok and you can now settle down with weekly's.

Malawi is 100% right. In time there gonna stress and you already have one that freaks out during. Imagine how he feels?

Well what the heck... But there is still ammonia??? What if it hurts they're gills? That's what I worry about!!

AndrewsPistol said:
Well what the heck... But there is still ammonia??? What if it hurts they're gills? That's what I worry about!!

Then you're filtration is in question. You're tank should be cycled by now. There could be ammonia because you are removing too much BB from the water changes.

Malawi Freak said:
Then you're filtration is in question. You're tank should be cycled by now. There could be ammonia because you are removing too much BB from the water changes.

Ahhh ok... Sooo I'm not doing a wc today... Even if there is ammonia? I'm confused.

.25 isn't that bad at all. You want 0 but you bio load may too much your filters. I'd get another 110 on that bad boy. I agree with Malawi, with all the water changes you probably pulling a lot of BB out of your tank. You could start a mini cycle by doing this.

Remember what I've said from the start and I learned this same thing here from being here on AA.

"sometimes less is more"

You don't always have to go messing with the tank. And the Prime if I'm correct, although it doesn't get rid of ammonia or anything else it just makes it less toxic to a point.

Todays params! Look at that ph! Finally brown lol :) sooo am I skipping my wc today??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120330_181503.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120330_181503.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ForumRunner_20120330_181522.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120330_181522.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 45
Finally home from that ridiculously long ride to get this filter! This thing cost an arm and a leg if u figure in gas at $4.35 per gallon of premium BUT dos AC's makes this girl verrrrrrry happy!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120331_190705.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120331_190705.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 49
If you get into keeping shrimp, the babies are great food every so often for your cichlids. Ive thought about setting up a nano tank for them just for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom