Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
severum mama said:
As long as the temp is close, it's not a big deal. I just use my hand to compare temps from the tap and the tank until I get the tap close, then refill with a Python, dosing Prime for the volume of the tank. Even if you're doing a 50% water change, the temp of the makeup water is going to have to be pretty off to affect the tank's temp in any meaningful way.

I'm just so worried about it shocking my bb! I just added 6 new fish so I need all the bb I can get :) I also worry about things more than I should I think lol!

severum mama said:
As long as the temp is close, it's not a big deal. I just use my hand to compare temps from the tap and the tank until I get the tap close, then refill with a Python, dosing Prime for the volume of the tank. Even if you're doing a 50% water change, the temp of the makeup water is going to have to be pretty off to affect the tank's temp in any meaningful way.

Exactly I simply use my hand to test temperature.Your fish are not so sensative that a few degrees will kill or harm them.

The bacteria that make up your biological filter are far more resilient than what they get credit for, once established. A few degrees isn't going to harm anything. Measuring temp with your hand will not be a problem. You do not need an expensive kitchen thermometer to get the temp perfect. :)

severum mama said:
The bacteria that make up your biological filter are far more resilient than what they get credit for, once established. A few degrees isn't going to harm anything. Measuring temp with your hand will not be a problem. You do not need an expensive kitchen thermometer to get the temp perfect. :)

Lol! Ok :) for some reason I think of the bb as super fragile, delicate babies lol :)

To be honest before now my tank has dropped 8 degrees during a pwc not something I planned but it happened.There was no detrimental effect upon my fish as the temperature drop was slow.Generally most (not all) fish can cope.

I used to use my kitchen thermometer too, but I've found I actually can be spot on just testing with my hand. Try it, Jessica....you can do it!! lol :D

I love when the fishes are in bed! My favorite time for pictures!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 48
Sleepy Heads :p

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 47
Even with matching temps by hand I still move the sensor from my digital thermometers and put them in the python to make sure the water doesn't jump around. My tap water never stays a consistent temp over a longer amount of time. Especially during the times of big water changes.

Convict2161 said:
Now were getting there! Looks awesome! Nice layout with the rocks! Is there driftwood in there?

Thank u!! I'm open for suggestions too :) if I should move somethin! Driftwood is in the back, wasn't sure where to put it lol! Do I rinse this crushed coral before I put it in there??

Put the crushed coral in the media bag. Not too much. Tie it and rinse under tap for a few seconds. Then put it in your 110 on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom