Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewsPistol said:
I know, I know :) its so crazy Havin my lights off so early!

Your fish are thanking you. TRUST me.

I figured it out my daylights are on for only 5 hours a day! 4pm-9pm blues start at 2pm and off at 11pm then moonlights. You would LOVE moonlights! :)

Last edited:
Well, I got to sleep in this morning, which was awesome cuz I got a job interview at 3!! Yay! BUT on a side note... I have really come to HATE the color green! Gonna get my wc on :dance:

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 91
AndrewsPistol said:
Well, I got to sleep in this morning, which was awesome cuz I got a job interview at 3!! Yay! BUT on a side note... I have really come to HATE the color green! Gonna get my wc on :dance:

Your color blind for one. And two can you do me a favor and place your pH tube alone and not close to the white? I wanna see something.

I could be wrong but it looked darker in other posts it seems to lighting up a bit.

Also you have tested your tap water right? I think I remember you saying you have well water?

Anyone else see what I'm seeing? Or is she rubbing off on me? lol.

And your ammonia MAYBE 0.25 which isn't awful. A water change will take care of that.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Your color blind for one. And two can you do me a favor and place your pH tube alone and not close to the white? I wanna see something.

Absolutely! I must be color blind... That totally looks green!

These were taken with my phone on my porch its super sunny so everything looks pale? I can take a pic with my good camera if this isn't good enough :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120322_122429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120322_122429.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20120322_122508.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120322_122508.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 63
AndrewsPistol said:
I kno... What does that mean??

Test your tap water. And test it with the regular pH test. Then test again with the high range pH.

Also fill a bucket up with tap water let it sit over night then test it.

Are you using any kind of buffer? Like a Malawi buffer or crushed coral? What I do is get a media bag or a stocking fill it not even halfway tie it off with a tie wrap or rubber band and drop it into the left side of AC 110. You may want to try that.

Convict2161 said:
Test your tap water. And test it with the regular pH test. Then test again with the high range pH.

Also fill a bucket up with tap water let it sit over night then test it.

Are you using any kind of buffer? Like a Malawi buffer or crushed coral? What I do is get a media bag or a stocking fill it not even halfway tie it off with a tie wrap or rubber band and drop it into the left side of AC 110. You may want to try that.

K, I tested my tap awhile ago, it was 8.2.. Idk what's goin on, no buffers yet but I will pick some up!

AndrewsPistol said:
K, I tested my tap awhile ago, it was 8.2.. Idk what's goin on, no buffers yet but I will pick some up!

Ok for me can you test again? Do the same thing we spoke about last time. 5 gallon bucket and test. Then leave over night and test again. Post results. That doesn't like 8.2 to me. Some other members will chime in. More experienced members. But I'm having a hard time reading that test. Really looks light. My pH kinda looks like a coffee color. It's throwing me off. Did you just do a water change?

I'll send some buffer with the Cichlid stones so don't worry. Unless your going that way then I would IMHO pick some up and just follow directions. Don't panic Jess.

Convict2161 said:
Ok for me can you test again? Do the same thing we spoke about last time. 5 gallon bucket and test. Then leave over night and test again. Post results. That doesn't like 8.2 to me. Some other members will chime in. More experienced members. But I'm having a hard time reading that test. Really looks light. My pH kinda looks like a coffee color. It's throwing me off. Did you just do a water change?

I'll send some buffer with the Cichlid stones so don't worry. Unless your going that way then I would IMHO pick some up and just follow directions. Don't panic Jess.

Ok, I will... Wonder what happened in the course of the last couple days... I just pulled out the wc stuff... Should I go ahead with it??

AndrewsPistol said:
Ok, I will... Wonder what happened in the course of the last couple days... I just pulled out the wc stuff... Should I go ahead with it??

Yeah do a water change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom