Joeys new tank set up...Breeding discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Testing the water tomorrow wonder if the ammonia nitrite and nitrates will still be zero after nearly a month no water changes???

Here we go four weeks no water changes and all results still absolutely zero!

image-1658923054.jpg

Sounds interesting
quick question especially to hobgob and other discus breeders. Is the only reason why soo many water changes are needed when keeping and especially breeding discus simply to keep the ammonia nitrite and nitrates down???

New plants added few days ago need to pot them because no substrate but doesn't look too bad.

image-669808157.jpg

image-2982465030.jpg

image-2504358496.jpg

image-2728705550.jpg

Ordered white background today and moonlight led spotlight so the babies can see there parents still in the night :)

Wow I really like this thread and I'm definitely going to follow it, it really is a beautiful tank
thanks man! Most of the beauty is in the filtration but I've tried my best to keep it kinda in between what the discus want when breeding and what I want to look at every day :) still few things I need to do first in the list is chuck the Amano shrimp in the sump because they're eating one of the new plants like grazing cows! Will keep updating as the tank progresses right up to selling the babies :)

Got the white acrylic cutting and fitting it tomorrow! Came up with a good idea so that the white background will also fold into a divider to split the tank in two to keep the fry and parents seperate when needed :) also got the LED spotlight :)

image-3156059712.jpg

image-1553214357.jpg

Took out some wood and separated the wood and plants from the breeding cone ready for the divider to go in :) just waiting for lights to flick off then gunna upload pic of spotlight too :)

image-1745117629.jpg

Here's a pic with the lights off and led spotlight on :)

image-3343019152.jpg

Oh and fergot to say seven weeks now and still no water changes and still testing big fat 0's

Tank is now split left for babies and right for the parents/breeding pair now just waiting to get my babies :) shall I get Penang eruption discus or electric dream???

image-1402427592.jpg

image-3635905339.jpg

Ordered white background today and moonlight led spotlight so the babies can see there parents still in the night :)

The moonlight isn't actually like a moon. It might not be q good idea ..

Picking up the bad boys on Wednesday upload a pic when they're in then after that just waiting the arrival of the eggs :)

Finally got the bad boys!!! Actually love em they are huge! Been in the tank about four hours and showing signs of spawning already! Pics of eggs to come :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389820019.822002.jpg

Wow, very nice fish! I hope you get a lot of spawns from them. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom