Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I let the Water sprite plant splits float free on the top. Usually not that much but I have a little Guppie fry that uses it for cover so he doesn't get eaten :) But the Beta fish has been loving lounging around on it too.
--Kev

Brian- you said about supporting the middle of the tank, I got my top to the cabinet today. :) ill
Post pics with it attached tonight

Oh cool.. let's see the solution to center supporting the tank on the stand.

And wow... you're going advance on us quickly. Erio Cinereums is a plant I always wanted.. just didn't want to pony up on expensive plants...haha

Maybe HC is too common for you.. maybe you should go UG instead! :)

UG is definitely nice, the only thing not so nice is growth rate :eek: I know a guy who did DSM with UG on a 2.5g and it took 6 months! :lol: I have a bit in my emersed setup, it's definitely slow.

Oh cool.. let's see the solution to center supporting the tank on the stand.

And wow... you're going advance on us quickly. Erio Cinereums is a plant I always wanted.. just didn't want to pony up on expensive plants...haha

Maybe HC is too common for you.. maybe you should go UG instead! :)

I'm out right now, ill take a picture when I get home. Haha yeah, I love the look of that Erio. The others I don't like much. I wanted to try it, but was always afraid to without Aquasoil. It's listed on TPT as medium difficulty. I'm thinking maybe in a little bit ill look on aquabid or TPT.

Hmmm...Why did I not think of UG?! Haha I always see it for sale on TPT. Is the difficulty the same as HC? I think I wanna try it. The only problem is availability.

Edit: The Erios would be the last plant to add. I would want the tank to stabilize before I put out the money for them.

The thing with Erio's is they either like your tank or not. I've got a few difficult plants that just seem to struggle to grow a little. UG can be the same way. My suggestion is start with one small bit and see how it's going to so in your set up. You can always get more down the road. That way if it doesn't work out your not out as much money.

Alright, thanks alot Janis. If I did try them, it would be probably in a month or two. Would a 2x2 portion of UG be good to start? It would be like 10$ on aquabid.

10$ for UG is good, considering it was easily going for 20$ a 2x2 not too long ago.

Is it listed as emersed grown?

Yep it's a good price and if it doesn't do well then your not out a small fortune!

@Brian-Excellent. I'm not sure, but i I think it's emersed. I don't know though because it was in the rooted section.

@Rivercats- Yeah, hopefully It does well! If not, only 10$ lost.

Edit: It is grown emersed.

Do you guys thing that if my diffuser doubles as a bubble counter, it would also work as a check valve? If not,I use a plastic check valve, should I invest in a good one?

Attachments

• image-2090876948.jpg
    image-2090876948.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2118941145.jpg
    image-2118941145.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 49
Ok. No biggie. Here is the thing he sent me. Im fairly certain that for these bottles one pump is 1 ml, so I plugged that in. And then, I put in my target ppm. It shows you how much in ppm goes in per pump per 5 gallons. It's pretty cool. Same here, that's why I switched to this.

http://tinycalc.petalphile.com/mobile

It can definitely be an easy system, the only thing I have found is that they don't last long - if somehow you could concentrate the solution more, I think that would be good. So far the pack would only last a year on a 5 gallon, so only 3 months on a 20g, then if you have multiple tanks, etc. etc. I have found it's also hard to do "half a pump" if you have a more unconventional tank size. Another thing I have thought about is finding pump bottles that I could just use for PPS-Pro - you would get the more precise PPS-Pro dosing, instead of EI, but you wouldn't have to use a syringe.

It can definitely be an easy system, the only thing I have found is that they don't last long - if somehow you could concentrate the solution more, I think that would be good. So far the pack would only last a year on a 5 gallon, so only 3 months on a 20g, then if you have multiple tanks, etc. etc. I have found it's also hard to do "half a pump" if you have a more unconventional tank size. Another thing I have thought about is finding pump bottles that I could just use for PPS-Pro - you would get the more precise PPS-Pro dosing, instead of EI, but you wouldn't have to use a syringe.

I think you can use it for pps pro... You should just have to measure how much one pump is in mL, then dilute your solution accordingly, kind of like using DIY auto dosers.

Back
Top Bottom