Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No if it a preset up tank that's a sweet deal. The only thing is there aren't that many cool predator fish you can put in a 56 gallon. I am thinking of setting up 110 fowlr but I am not sure yet because I really like reef safe fish they have better colors.

No if it a preset up tank that's a sweet deal. The only thing is there aren't that many cool predator fish you can put in a 56 gallon. I am thinking of setting up 110 fowlr but I am not sure yet because I really like reef safe fish they have better colors.

I've thought about that, but As far as a FOWLR goes, this is as big as I can go. My other option is 35 gallons. I live in an apt so my options are limited. It is already set up and I've done business with this guy before.

It's a deal Imo. Trade the damsels in at the lfs for some store credits. You could sell the lights if you don't need them and buy a taotronics led fixture and make it a frag tank. Just an idea.

I don't know know that I've actually seen the tank I don't think its that great of a deal. But if you wanna fix it up a little it probably has some potential

I think I have too many things that I need to do for this tank before I start investing in something like that. :) When this one is a little more established maybe I'll do something similar. :) Thank you guys for your input!

Jmay... Do you have a sump? If so I suggest putting your heater in the sump for look and more room for rock/ coral. Not bit picking you but someone once suggested it to me the same way and I never was more happier after performing a free "upgrade".

Jmay... Do you have a sump? If so I suggest putting your heater in the sump for look and more room for rock/ coral. Not bit picking you but someone once suggested it to me the same way and I never was more happier after performing a free "upgrade".

I do not have a sump. I can't have one. I want one though. My tank isn't drilled and I can't have the liability of an overflow issue. Lol. I'm working on something for the heaters though. I hate the way they look.

Your tank doesn't need to be drilled. Plus there are several ways to prevent an over flow. If the power goes out at my house its not an issue. All the water in my overflow box runs and sits in my sump. Once the power kicks back on the pump puts the water bank into the tank until it get into the overflow box and it just basically goes back to running.

It just makes me uncomfortable. Lol. I have to wait until I move somewhere else. My brother gave me a 6 line wrasse. Doing a 15 gallon water change tonight.

Willbratz...what do you do/use to jumpstart you overflow box/syphon?

I've got a U shape from the overflow running into the HOB part.
I fill the back part with enough water to crest a seal, then I place a thin flexible tubing inside the U and syphon it until it begins to flow in the box. Then I let gravity do the rest. Lets see if I can post picks so you get a better idea.

Attachments

• image-2340264774.jpg
    image-2340264774.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-809030050.jpg
    image-809030050.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 89
Because the pump will kick back on pushing the water level in the tank high enough to cause water to flow back into the overflow box. Once the overflow box begins getting water back inside, water will then begin to flow through the U tube again ( as long as the seal is not broken), and begin dropping water back into my sump, thus completing the cycle again.

Hey. It's been a while. When my lights come on I will post a video. I'm down to two of the chromis, which sucks. The two remaining look happy and healthy. My brother gave me his 6 line wrasse and I have barely seen a bristle worm! It's amazing! Plus I love all the colors on that little guy. He's so active! He also gave me some of what look like zoanthids. They've been covered in hair algae. I picked some off so they could see the light and I'm letting the shipment of hermits take care of the rest! I did 2 water changes this week since I've recently added so much stock. I will do another on Sunday. Params have been stable.

Good luck with the hair algae. I have blue leg and an emerald that don't touch it gah

Thanks! It's the only place I have it. I brought it in eek. But I really didn't have much for the hermits and emerald crabs to munch on. Lol. My emeralds favorite is bubble algae. I had a huge bloom. It was awful. Got two of those little guys and it was cleaned up in about 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom