Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, I just adjusted some rocks and trimmed my halimeda plants. I hate waiting for snail mail. Lol.

I'm impatient, so snail mail is the worst! Lol. But I guess I chose to wait longer for free shipping. Haha. Do you keep your halimeda in a fuge or in your display?

It's growing in my display, I don't have a fuge. Just a hob skilter 400 pro with a built-in skimmer. It came in on one of my live rocks. My blue tuxedo urchin loves to tear off leaves of it and stick it to its back. Lol.

It's growing in my display, I don't have a fuge. Just a hob skilter 400 pro with a built-in skimmer. It came in on one of my live rocks. My blue tuxedo urchin loves to tear off leaves of it and stick it to its back. Lol.

Lol. That's so cool. Do you add anything to keep it growing or does it mostly feed on nitrates and photosynthesis? I've thought about adding some sw plants, I'm just worried about making it look freshwater-ish. I just really miss my planted tanks. Lol.

It's actually a calcareous plant so its photosynthetic and uses calcium.

That's interesting! If I were to add anything, I think it would be something to eliminate nitrates. I don't know much about saltwater plants

I have a couple different kelp plants also. All were hitchhikers. Lol. They just grow. My hermit crabs munch on them from time to time. Lol, I know nothing about keeping them healthy, they just are.

Good to know. Thanks. :) Maybe I'll put some in my little 2.5 pico when I stock it. I'm not sure it'll be a reef, maybe just a little home for some sexy shrimp or some other invert. So plants would probably be perfect. :)

Gotta share: This is the most amazing tank I've ever seen. This is in someone's home, which makes it more incredible. I shared the whole thread so that the stats would be available.

Glynn Formans 8000l (2200 gallon) System - Marine Aquariums South Africa

Nope. Not only is that NOT the most impressive tank ever, it's not even the most impressive tank in that house. GO TO PAGE 10 of that thread and select the link to his upgrade. Glynn replaced his 8000l tank with an even more impressive 17,000l tank. Around page 7-8 of that other thread he links a video of the beast which is an awesome culmination to the build discussion and pics.

Dude, thanks for the link. It was an incredible read. I tried to post the second link but the phone lost it and I didn't want to go searching again as my phone is acting up.

Nope. Not only is that NOT the most impressive tank ever, it's not even the most impressive tank in that house. GO TO PAGE 10 of that thread and select the link to his upgrade. Glynn replaced his 8000l tank with an even more impressive 17,000l tank. Around page 7-8 of that other thread he links a video of the beast which is an awesome culmination to the build discussion and pics.

Dude, thanks for the link. It was an incredible read. I tried to post the second link but the phone lost it and I didn't want to go searching again as my phone is acting up.

It's awesome. It would take up my whole house! Lol. The holding ponds were crazy!

You're welcome. It was too great not to share!

Betcha water changes are fun.

I bet!

Here are some pics of my reef today.

img_2425271_0_667293610bfaf5116a040977b46ecbe8.jpg

Xenias are looking a little better.

img_2425271_1_ffa2875ce8fd9dbfa7fadd1359878760.jpg

img_2425271_2_3a169a33c08865f5618774791de740e9.jpg

Xenia is looking happier now. I see you moved your heater. :)

Yes. :) that was good advice! Thanks! It still isn't as hidden as I would like it to be, but its better. Lol. I'm glad about my xenia. I was worried there for a bit that I was going to lose him.

How's about you come home with a magnafloat. :)

Lol! I need one so bad! They're just so expensive. I need to order one on amazon. I just still have a list of things that I need to get. That is on the list right below a lid. Lol.

My brother bought me a juvenile engineer goby as a late birthday present. :) acclimating the little guy now.

Back
Top Bottom