Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent $100 on my 55 with the stand and it's not drilled or anything. That's a good deal. Can't wait to see it come together.

Wow that's awesome.

I spent $100 on my 55 with the stand and it's not drilled or anything. That's a good deal. Can't wait to see it come together.

Thanks! I'm super excited! The guy is really really nice. He gave me a bit of a price cut because I'm in college. He was so cool though! He is one of the pioneers of fish keeping. It was fun to talk to him.

I don't think a reef lobster could catch a shrimp. They are super slow. I think you are fine.

I think I'm might get one. The price was lowered to $29.99. I did add a coral beauty today. If I added it today or tomorrow would that be adding too much in too short a period, my parameters are pretty consistent. 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 15-20 nitrates.

For more pricey inverts, I'd want to see the nitrates lower if it was my tank. I struggled to keep them for the longest time in my smaller tank because of them.

I agree. We went to the fish store to get one and they talked us out of it. We bought my boyfriend a 25 gallon tank though. I've brought him to the fish side and the salty side at the same time. Lol!!

Good to hear on both ends. I have made the bad choices through my career as well, like a snowflake in a 36 gal...too big for my own britches. It'll pay off in the long run. Keep at those nitrates.

Good to hear on both ends. I have made the bad choices through my career as well, like a snowflake in a 36 gal...too big for my own britches. It'll pay off in the long run. Keep at those nitrates.

I understand that! I bought a 55 one time thinking it was 100 gallons. Lol. :banghead: Talk about newbie mistake. I am definitely working on the nitrates. That's why I'm insistent on having a sump on my 100 gallon build. (y)

Snowflakes are so pretty. My lfs has had a lot of platinums lately. But I still can't bring myself to pay $60 for a black ocellaris, so snowflakes and platinums are a ways off for me. Lol.

The leather toadstool was looking really rough in my tank. My brother wanted him and he's had good luck with toadstools. He gave me $20 for him. Maybe he'll do better over there. Just a really cool coral that I didn't want to kill.

Leathers are weird. I tried to keep them when I started and failed. Once I got sps down in the 55 months down the road I tried it again with a small one. You can always try again later.

Leathers are weird. I tried to keep them when I started and failed. Once I got sps down in the 55 months down the road I tried it again with a small one. You can always try again later.

That's exactly what I think about it. Thanks for understanding. Lol. He already looks a lot happier in my brothers tank. Must be nitrates or flow or something. All of my other corals look extremely happy.

Can anyone help me with securing a return nozzle that's not drilled threw the tank? Need ideas thanks

Hang it on the tank over the top.
Use something like this-
lg_25768_FS34720PZ.jpg

I don't see any evidence of that. Do you mean the lack of polyps on the leather? They could just be in. Or did you see it do so? Either way, I have never kept a pigmy angel that totally destroyed corals. They might nip here and there, but nothing to worry about.

I don't see any evidence of that. Do you mean the lack of polyps on the leather? They could just be in. Or did you see it do so? Either way, I have never kept a pigmy angel that totally destroyed corals. They might nip here and there, but nothing to worry about.

It's just never looked like that before and it looked similar to pictures of nipped corals I compared it to. The white part does, at least.

Back
Top Bottom